Menu

Keva planks

I'm ordering Keva planks for Christmas for my three boys. (7,8,&9) How many should I get? Are the storage bags sturdy, or should I buy plastic containers?

Thanks!

I bought 200 for ds 7 for his birthday. I wish we had 400.

With three boys, the ages of your dc I'd suggest 400 if that fits within your budget.

Ours didn't come with a storage bag.

I started out buying 200 planks for my 3 boys (it came in a cardboard box). That was two years ago. They loved it and I bought another box of 200 planks last Christmas. The boxes have held up well, but as I buy more I've been thinking of putting them in a large plastic tub. 400 seems to be a good amount. However, my boys still want more, so it is on the list again this year. I don't mind the investment because they continue to play with them and make more elaborate creations. They also like to video the destruction and play it back in slow motion. :001_smile:

Guest sculptor8

Hi,

I am the owner of KEVA planks and thought I would throw in my non commercial two cents worth. First, thank you for the kind words you have shared about KEVA planks. Comments like these make it all worthwhile.

Regarding storage: for most homes, I recommend the canvas bags, they are quite sturdy and look nice in almost any decor. We have a special now on the 200 plank set with a canvas bag.

Regarding how many to get. The more you have, the bigger, more elaborate structures they will build. However, you can always start with small numbers (200) and see how your kids respond. If they like them, they will have a greater appreciation for a larger supply if you add to the set. Mutliple bags of planks makes it easy to divie up the planks so each child has a supply.

I hope you do not consider my remarks self serving, I just thought I would send a response. We homeschooled our three daughters in Harrisonburg, Virginia and shifted to a classical school for middle school. We do teacher workshops with KEVA for gifted children, art education, technology and problem solving.

Build a Mind!

Ken

• 1 month later...
Guest elvistuna
I'm ordering Keva planks for Christmas for my three boys. (7,8,&9) How many should I get? Are the storage bags sturdy, or should I buy plastic containers?

Thanks!

before you buy - i would check out Citiblocs- a MUCH more affordable option- same quality- better value- plus colors!

We have an IKEA version of these universally sized blocks. We have about 400 I'm guessing. I highly recommend if you buy the blocks to purchase

Kapla Blue Artbook Instructions

by Kapla

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

Price: $18.95

or some other similar instruction book. My kids have expanded what they have been able to build with the illustrations in these books.

The blocks are awesome to use as a family. Well worth the investment for a "toy" to use over many many years.