Menu

I'm a bit embarrassed to post this (pregnancy & H1N1 related)

I'm sorta glad that there's a bit of anonymity with this being a message board. :blush:

Was wondering if there was anybody else here who is TTC or newly pregnant? Dh and I have been wanting to add to our family for some time but have been waiting for the "right" time. ;) I would really like to have another baby but if I'm honest about my feelings, I'm scared to death to be pregnant with all this H1N1. I hate to base my life on fear, but at the same time, I don't want to put my life at greater risk and chance leaving my dc without a mother.

Just wondering if anybody else shares similar concerns/fears or if anyone wants to just help me put my mind at ease.

H1N1 does concern me, but not as much as the thought of being pregnant through this flu season does. I know we could put off a pregnancy for another few months, but then what? Would it benefit me to do so? It's not like I'm going to go out and expose my family to H1N1 now to try to build immunity, kwim? And there will always be next fall's flu season if we wait. :glare:

I'm not happy that something that should be an exciting time for a couple and family is causing me so much angst. (That's the problem with me, I tend to overthink everything ;)) I'll be VERY sad to think that we can't be pregnant again, but at the same time I'm scared to be pregnant. :001_huh:

Thoughts, anyone? I need a :chillpill::chillpill:

Just my two cents but I don't believe in living my life worrying about the what ifs? Anything can happen at any time...ykwim?

I know, that is how I feel too. I tend to worrying and it's something I'm working on. :) I guess in this instance, I do feel like it's a decision that has been proven to really increase my risks, kwim. It's not to say I won't fall into that percentage of the population that H1N1 proves to be fatal in even without pregnancy. Sadly for me, there's only one way to find out. :tongue_smilie: Who knows, maybe the decision has already been made for me and I don't know it yet. ;) :D

I understand what you are saying. We have been trying, but now I'm kinda not wanting it to happen right now... not until this all blows over. I have basically decided to leave it up to God and trust His timing.

I've tried this too. For me, however, I have very obvious symptoms when I ovulate so it's not something that slips by unnoticed. That, combined with my track record of getting pregnant on the first try leaves me a bit at odds at the whole "God's timing" plan.

I know how you feel:) Due to health problems, I do get overly concerned at times about the flu. Then I talk myself down since worrying is not good at all. Why not consider the flu and swine flu shots? I already received the flu shot and as a nurse have had the flu shot many, many times without ill effects. I am also considering the swine flu shot, but I do not want to be first in line so to speak;) I will wait a week or so after the first round of shots have been given. I know a pharmacist who said that this swine flu shpt is formulated in a different manner than the 1970's swine flu shot and hence is safer:).

I know, that is how I feel too. I tend to worrying and it's something I'm working on. :) I guess in this instance, I do feel like it's a decision that has been proven to really increase my risks, kwim. It's not to say I won't fall into that percentage of the population that H1N1 proves to be fatal in even without pregnancy. Sadly for me, there's only one way to find out. :tongue_smilie: Who knows, maybe the decision has already been made for me and I don't know it yet. ;) :D

I am working on being content in all circumstances. This includes not worrying about the future or wishing I was in different circumstances. For example, I've been having some medical symptoms that could be anywhere on the scale from nothing to devastating (most likely in the middle, though). Every now and then I'm gripped with the fear that it's going to be devastating and I have to coach myself that if it is my worst fear, then I have to be okay with it and trust in the Lord because it is His plan for me and he is good and he is sovereign.

Not getting pregnant won't stop you from getting the flu. Getting pregnant won't cause you to get it. You want a baby. Go for it. Just wash your hands a lot :D.

And your PM box is full :).

I am working on being content in all circumstances. This includes not worrying about the future or wishing I was in different circumstances. For example, I've been having some medical symptoms that could be anywhere on the scale from nothing to devastating (most likely in the middle, though). Every now and then I'm gripped with the fear that it's going to be devastating and I have to coach myself that if it is my worst fear, then I have to be okay with it and trust in the Lord because it is His plan for me and he is good and he is sovereign.

Not getting pregnant won't stop you from getting the flu. Getting pregnant won't cause you to get it. You want a baby. Go for it. Just wash your hands a lot :D.

And your PM box is full :).

So empty my mail box and go wash my hands.:lol: Gotcha. :D I always get great advice from this board!! :)

I'm 12 weeks. Yeah, I'm worried about it a little bit. Unfortunately, I didn't plan this, if I had a may have waited a bit longer to avoid flu season.

I'm generally very healthy. I might stay home a bit more than usual this year, and even avoid some of my kids co-op get togethers and library activities because kids tend to be huge germ carriers.

I'm taking my vitamins, getting plenty of rest, eating well and the whole family is doing a lot of handwashing, especially after having been out of the house.

I will just have to take what comes and hope for the best.

I sympathize with you.

My baby is several weeks old now and I am so relieved not to be pregnant anymore, especially after reading the thread about the precautions on the L&D floor hospitals are beginning to take now.

How fast things change! No one blinked an eye about my kids being with me for the whole full monty, birth and all. That was just at the end of summer.

I would like TTC again in the late spring next year. The flu issue has occured to me. I hope the spread is contained and the risk is not so high then.

I don't know what I'd do in your shoes.

I sympathize with you.

My baby is several weeks old now and I am so relieved not to be pregnant anymore, especially after reading the thread about the precautions on the L&D floor hospitals are beginning to take now.

How fast things change! No one blinked an eye about my kids being with me for the whole full monty, birth and all. That was just at the end of summer.

I would like TTC again in the late spring next year. The flu issue has occured to me. I hope the spread is contained and the risk is not so high then.

I don't know what I'd do in your shoes.

Congrats to you!! May both you and your precious newborn be safe and healthy this season!

You'll be okay... sounds like you have a good plan. A lot of people are staying indoors lately, so don't feel bad. I will pray for you if you like prayer (don't want to assume). :)

Thank you. While I'm not actively religious, I never object to anyone praying for me or my children.

We are ttc (with RE and MA; depending on u/s, AFC and LH/FSH/e2 we may progress to HSG, G-F, hcg and P4...try figuring that one out! :D). I have thought about the H1N1 thing but honestly, I don't want to put this on hold for something that may/may not happen. I'm not getting younger, I'm already AMA (ack!) so on we go full steam ahead. I'll take precautions as I would even if tta (trying to avoid).

We are ttc (with RE and MA; depending on u/s, AFC and LH/FSH/e2 we may progress to HSG, G-F, hcg and P4...try figuring that one out! :D). I have thought about the H1N1 thing but honestly, I don't want to put this on hold for something that may/may not happen. I'm not getting younger, I'm already AMA (ack!) so on we go full steam ahead. I'll take precautions as I would even if tta (trying to avoid).

:lol::lol: I have a ton of pregnant friends with large families, so I was able to crack your code without help. :D Thanks for your thoughts, your post made me smile. You know, you really ought to talk to those mods about changing your board name, you might give some people the wrong ideas. ;) :001_huh: I'm j/k, of course, don't flame me!! :)

I'm 12 weeks along in my pregnancy. I was totally shocked when I found out. "My plan" was definitely to wait on pregnancy until after flu season- but God's plan is always so much better than my plan, so I am trying each day to learn to trust Him more. To be truthful, the H1N1 thing scares me and so does the vaccine.

Sue

dd8, dd6, ds4

You know, you really ought to talk to those mods about changing your board name, you might give some people the wrong ideas. ;) :001_huh: I'm j/k, of course, don't flame me!! :)
I thought once a user name, always a user name. Maybe I'll look into changing...maybe put to use all those lovely letters we have to use to get a baby. ;)