Menu

'Female' Question -- not graphic, but describes physical symptoms......

My ob/gyn appointment for my annual checkup is 10/7 - I ONLY made the appointment b/c of the following symptoms:

I feel crampy, bloated, twingy (you know that feeling?) and like I am going to get my period any moment, and my 'books' are sore -- BUT, I am 55 yrs old, finally stopped getting my period about a year ago. I have had minor difficulties with fibroids (mostly when pg or menstruating) but no big thing. When the cramping/bloaty feeling began (a couple of days ago) I began having once or twice a day the faintest, faintest faintest spotting -- did I say that it was faint? and, absolutely so slight, that someone not nearly as neurotic as me, probably wouldn't even notice.

This is nothing, right? :glare: and that's what the doc will tell me on the 7th. :D right?

And, just to make this interesting, my sister IS an OB/GYN, but if I were to call her and ask her about it, she would tell me to make an appointment and see my own doctor :glare:.

It is not "nothing" - but that doesn't mean it is something serious either. My mom kind of sputtered and spotted for YEARS as part of menopause. I hope your doctor can get to the bottom of it all. Spotting, no matter how slight, is spotting. Happening at the same times as you feel crampy, bloated, and yuck is definitely a sign that something is up. Again...not necessarily something more than just hormones...but I am glad you are seeing your GYN.

When my nephew was born (23 yrs ago) my mom, and his other grandma both went to my sister's house at the same time to see their new grandbaby. Both of them had gone through menopause and had not had a period for over a year. BOTH of them had a period while they were there.

So, I wouldn't worry. Keep your appt. and talk to your doc, but it's probably nothing.

I've come to the conclusion that the female body is "crazy." LOL. Every woman I know has had issues with spotting, bloating, hormones, etc at various times. My cycles have changed all weird in the past year. I used to never spot....I do now. I had a two day period this month. I usually have a 4-5 day period, but this time it was 2. Things are always going crazy in woman's body. If it concerns you, definitely check with the doc. But it's most likely nothing serious.

It does sound hormonal but gyns don't like spotting when we get to be in mid 40's and you are older. Yes, you will have a pap smear but he/she may want something else too. Just don't be shocked when you are informed. I have had a few instances at different times and once they wanted a more invasive procedure and currently I am on six month pap smears. Just a warning that you may want to bring your calendar to the appointment.

It does sound hormonal but gyns don't like spotting when we get to be in mid 40's and you are older. Yes, you will have a pap smear but he/she may want something else too. Just don't be shocked when you are informed. I have had a few instances at different times and once they wanted a more invasive procedure and currently I am on six month pap smears. Just a warning that you may want to bring your calendar to the appointment.

:iagree: I see an u/s or two in my future -- and definitely with everything that is going on here at home (we will likely be moving into a hotel at the end of this week) the appointment book is a MUST!