Menu

What is your favorite US Geography program? Not textbooks!! (nt)

Kelley

Beautiful Feet Geography using the Holling C. Holling books. We are actually repeating this next year at the request of my dc. They enjoyed it, too. I would recommend the map pack from Rainbow Resource, too. They are wonderful, inexpensive, and make beautiful maps.

Ditto!

I plan on using the Trail guides mentioned above in other posts later on in middle school

We've been reading Holling C. Holling's Paddle to the Sea and have been learning quite a bit about the Great Lakes. I've paged through the other books of his and I would say that a good map and a set of his books will give you a fun U.S. geography course.

I keep the maps next to the beds so we can look at them and talk about them at night, too.

Evan-Moor continent series (e.g., North America grades 3-6 not the little kids one) ages 7-8 along with fiction and non-fiction from public library

Linked with history ages 9-10 (we just use a children's atlas, outline maps and globe).

Holling Unit (Beautiful Feet) around ages 10-12

Maps, Charts & Graphs G and H for practice in reading all kinds of maps around 7th/8th grade

9th grade Runkle, just the mapping part so that they will memorize the world along with Geography Encyclopedia (Kingfisher I think)