Menu

Remember that story about my mom, who can't spell my son's name?

And who once sent a ficus plant for my youngest son's birthday? And who once sent no gift at all for my youngest on his birthday because "money is tight" but then the next week sent the Twilight series of books to my oldest son? ("But why? No offense or anything, mom, but those are chick books....")

So. Update! She's making some progress. She sent a birthday card for my youngest, correct spelling on the card and everything! But get this. It came with a little envelope attached:

POSTAL CUSTOMER [child's name]

YOUR CARRIER HAS PAID the POSTAGE DUE on this piece of mail so that it could be delivered to you without delay. Please reimburse him / her by placing 37 cents in this envelope and placing it in your mail box. No stamps please. Thank you.

I laughed out loud and immediately had to come right here and tell y'all.

And who once sent a ficus plant for my youngest son's birthday? And who once sent no gift at all for my youngest on his birthday because "money is tight" but then the next week sent the Twilight series of books to my oldest son? ("But why? No offense or anything, mom, but those are chick books....")

So. Update! She's making some progress. She sent a birthday card for my youngest, correct spelling on the card and everything! But get this. It came with a little envelope attached:

YOUR CARRIER HAS PAID the POSTAGE DUE on this piece of mail so that it could be delivered to you without delay. Please reimburse him / her by placing 37 cents in this envelope and placing it in your mail box. No stamps please. Thank you.

That has got to be one of the craziest things I have ever heard. I didn't even know that you can do that. Guess how I will be returning all those book club books that I never order?

Okay, not that rare. But you know how it is with boys, right?!

When I told my step-mother about my mom's latest, explaining (as she well knows anyway) that this is progress for the poor woman, my step-mother said, "Baby steps. Baby steps." lol!

:lol: I do know how it is with boys, and your guys crack me up! :lol:

Ha...baby steps. Now I'll be singing "Your death therapy cured me, you genius" for the rest of the night.

:lol: I do know how it is with boys, and your guys crack me up! :lol:

Ha...baby steps. Now I'll be singing "Your death therapy cured me, you genius" for the rest of the night.

I don't know that song!

Actually, tho, on second thought, paying that $.37 was pretty kind, considering that my youngest is actually counting the days until his brother goes to college so he (young obstreperous one) can have his own room. If my younger brother had been counting down until I left, I'd have said, pay for your own dang card, little mister.

I totally understand...my stepmother sends us clothes that are not any of our sizes, are really worn out or are so ugly they still have tags on them that she finds at thrift stores. She has plenty of money, but she "loves a deal". They are often too big or small for any of my kids, are missing buttons, and have a small stain. The "new" ones have characters my kids don't know, like Alf on them. Many times she will send exact duplicates of items. She has a heart of gold, but she's not playing with a full deck. The kids hate trying to act like they like their presents..the videosof them at Christmas are hilarious! On my 30th birthday she sent me one. left. sandal. It was all different colors of rhinestones...My sister and I still laugh about the 1 left shoe and that was 18 years ago! oh, and birthday presents come any month at all, and I have to put them away until the right month/day comes! so, I feel for ya...

pie

First class postage in the USA is 44 cents, post cards 28 cents. Did she put on some postage, just not enough? Or are you not in the states?