Menu

I am at the point where

I colored the metal rings of our pencils with sharpie. They each have a different color. I give them 10 pencils at the beginning of the month. If they break/lose all of the pencils, they have to pay 10 cents for a new pencil. It has really cut down on the pencil abuse around here.

I love that idea. I charge for copies. If they lose what I give them and I have to make another copy....8 cents, please

Looks like I'll be pulling out Sharpies on Oct. 1...they get 10 pencils every month?

My kids wouldn't have enough money to keep up with pencils or pens. Honestly, I gave up. I have a huge supply, give them one when needed. The frustration wasn't worth it.

However, every weekend, or Friday afternoon, we have a pencil search. Amazing what we find.

Janet

Princess eats erasers. No idea what is going on in her head.

To start off our school year, I bought EVERYONE a pencil case, their own pencil crayons, an eraser and a cpl of pencils.

I did screw up, however, and neglected to mark whose was whose...the actual pencil crayons, etc.

Diva has almost none. She's the worst offender for leaving her stuff around.

Tazzie is in 2nd place...definately doesn't have EVERYTHING, but more than Diva.

Princess, however, seems to have absorbed everything her sibs leave laying around :lol:

Every time I find a pencil, etc laying around, Diva has to pay me for it. I'm sick and tired of her just coming to me, expecting me to be a never ending fountain of new supplies.

I have so many darned pencils I wouldn't care if they started losing them lol Actually the best way I found to avoid the picked off erasers, sharpening pencils down to nothing(for no reason mind you), snapped pencils during fits etc was to splurge on smencils. $20 for 10 pencils just about gave me a heart attack but we have not had a single pencil/eraser issue since. They know that once the pencils are gone that is it, back to regular pencils. They have managed to put each one back at the end of the day without a single reminder needed.