Menu

Can dogs eat eggs?

My dog-happy daughter is at the state fair this weekend, for 4-H, and we have her dog with us. I have a plate of scrambled eggs on the counter. Can 1 + 1 = 2 here? I know dogs can't have chocolate, but can they have eggs? (And if they can't can chickens? Oh, wait, that would be kind of weird wouldn't it?). Help me get my counter cleaned off please! :)

Yup... eggs are fine:-)

I've given, scrambled, raw and boiled... with and without the shells.

:iagree:

I wouldn't give eggs that had been on the counter ..say... overnight...

otoh, I would to my monsters.

Only if I had an immuno compromised doggy would that give me pause. If it's a carb thing & it has mold, then I won't - mostly because I don't like giving carbs to dogs anyway but I think the molds growing on all those sugars would be a bad idea. I don't hesitate to give protein things that are 'off'. My malamute esp will eat all kinds of gross things - & if it's too old to eat, she rolls in it instead to put on the lovely aroma :D She gets very indignant when I wash her off, too .....

Yup... eggs are fine:-)

I've given, scrambled, raw and boiled... with and without the shells. I wouldn't give eggs that had been on the counter ..say... overnight...

Carrie:-)

Don't think it will hurt them.. they eat dead stuff!:eek: They have stronger stomachs than we do and I believe the acidity is higher.