Menu

Do you have a FAMILY BIBLE VERSE?

I think a great one for the whole family is from Joshua 24:15 "as for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Another verse that I love so much I could see up on a wall is Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

You have to reply back and tell us what verse you chose. :) Happy hunting. :)

We are ordering from "Wall Words" for one of the walls in our living room and we want to put a family Bible verse on it. But we like so many verses that we can't decide! So do YOU have a family verse? If you were going to put a verse on your wall what verse would you pick?

We have Duet 33:27 on the wall in our family room:

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

I would love to put 1 Chron 16:34 in my kitchen because it is a great reminder to be thankful:

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

ETA: My friend has Philippians 4:8 in her front entry way:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Edited by Ferdie

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated. Two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.

I have three sons. This has been the verse for them since they were small.

I have 3 sons too; that is an amazing verse. I will have to introduce them. :)

For us, if we were to put a verse up, it would be Jeremiah 29:11.

For our fifth anniversary LONG years ago, a friend asked us if we had a favorite verse. There are so many we like (and every one listed on this thread is included!) Dh almost immediately said Isaiah 40:31. Said friend printed this up in calligraphy, put a nice border around it, framed it and gave it to us for that anniversary. So I have basically thought that was our verse - but there are a number of verses that have been very special to us down through the years, including now.

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

We don't have a "family verse," but I do hang verses on our walls. We've got a snippet of James something:something in the living room: "Count it all joy." Good reminder in the midst of toddlers, chaos, small fires & floods, lol.

In another room, I have a piece of the Lord's prayer: "Thy Kingdom Come."

I also like to paint verses into pics. Someone here had a verse in their siggy that spoke so deeply to the circumstances of my life for the past 2 yrs, I looked at her blog & found that she had a much harder life by far than mine, & I was even more moved. I painted one of the pics that she'd photographed & put on her blog, added the verse, & had every intention of mailing it to her.

But it's sitting on my desk, & I'm paralyzed w/ indecision. Isn't that awful? But gosh the painting is beautiful. And maybe I could just make another one, but...you know how things go. One road leads to another & we're not likely to walk this way again.

I'm sorry to be so stingy, & I'm really still aiming at overcoming it. Oh, & the verse--"Aspire to lead a quiet life..." I can't remember the rest, & that's all I can see of the painting from here, but I find the fact that it's buried behind stacks of things I'm in the middle of doing to be very poignant, lol.

For Zee, his verse is Phillipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

For Moose, his verse is Jeremiah 29:11- 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

However, the first bible verse I had Zee memorize, and the first one I'll have Moose memorize, is Ephesians 6:1 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Kinda sets the tone for further instruction, IMO. :001_smile:

ETA: One of MY personal favorites, one that speaks deeply to me, is a passage from 1 Peter 3: Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror. 1 Peter 3:1-6

Oh, how I want to have the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit; how lovely to have something the word says is 'very precious in the sight of God'! I also strive to be submissive to my husband without being 'afraid with any terror'. Just a great passage.

Edited by bethanyniez

Yes, we do.

Col. 3:12-14

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

:001_smile:

Is that for Jean in Wisc? Bet she'd love it...

Just sayin'!

I know. I'm bad. I even emailed her. But by the time she emailed back, I'd gotten busy, & then, well...it had become family.

:leaving:

Well, Jean, at least now you know why there was that weird email a while back. LOL If you send me your address, I'll probably send you a painting. Probably. ;)

May I just say I long for my kitchen to look as clean, uncluttered, and warm as that?

:iagree::iagree: Ditto here!! My kitchen looks like a bomb went off. Well, it's kinda true too in a way if you count my exploding coffee pot. :p

I love the framed cross that you have in the window sill too! I just got a new guitar (it comes in tomorrow yay!) and it has a cross on the headstock just like that one. :)

I know. I'm bad. I even emailed her. But by the time she emailed back, I'd gotten busy, & then, well...it had become family.

:leaving:

Well, Jean, at least now you know why there was that weird email a while back. LOL If you send me your address, I'll probably send you a painting. Probably. ;)

Really?:bigear:

I'd love to see it even if you don't care to part with it! A photo, perhaps? If you are serious about sending it my way, I'd give you an address.

:) Jean