Menu

Where can I find Japanese canned coffee?

Dh loved these when we lived in Japan, and I would love to send some to him while he's deployed. Last time he was deployed, we had a friend who still lived in Japan send them to him. I remember looking online back then and not having any luck. Does anyone know if there's a place online where you can order it and ship it to an APO address?

Where did you live in Japan? We were there 9 years. My favorite was the Georgia coffees and I'd get mine cold---most of the time. Those were so great. I could write pages and pages of what I miss about Japan.

I did a quick internet search and checked out Amazon but no luck. I know that Amazon carries the Ito En tea and you can order it by the case. Target also carries it under the brand Tea's Tea. But so far no luck on the coffee.

If you live near enough to a decent sized city that has an Asian market, that really is your best bet. We live in an area that has 3 or 4 markets within 45 minutes drive from us. However, there is an awesome Asian/Japanese grocery in Denver called Pacific Mercantile Company that has online ordering. I haven't tried ordering, but I was in the store when I visited Denver this summer.

I'm also just waving "Hi" to those who have lived in Japan. I was in Tokyo for nearly 11 years- all through the '90s.

Where did you live in Japan? We were there 9 years. My favorite was the Georgia coffees and I'd get mine cold---most of the time. Those were so great. I could write pages and pages of what I miss about Japan.

I did a quick internet search and checked out Amazon but no luck. I know that Amazon carries the Ito En tea and you can order it by the case. Target also carries it under the brand Tea's Tea. But so far no luck on the coffee.

We were at Misawa Air Base for five years. Where were you? I know what you mean about missing it. I still miss so much about living there. We were there from 1997-2002.

Thanks for trying!

Do you have an Asian market, or grocery store with a sizeable Asian food section, nearby? I have seen the Nescafe canned coffee single serving drinks at these types of stores.

It looks like there is one oriental store in town. I will have to check it out.

Nijiya Markets (there are many locations in California) carry a wide selection of Japanese canned coffees. Perhaps they can ship for you?

Bill

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into it. :)

A small ethnic grocery store or small local grocery store or small natural food store will order just about anything for you if you ask nicely and promise to regularly buy that item, I've found. (One of the Kroger stores we lived near also took requests.)

Here's hoping! :)

If you live near enough to a decent sized city that has an Asian market, that really is your best bet. We live in an area that has 3 or 4 markets within 45 minutes drive from us. However, there is an awesome Asian/Japanese grocery in Denver called Pacific Mercantile Company that has online ordering. I haven't tried ordering, but I was in the store when I visited Denver this summer.

I'm also just waving "Hi" to those who have lived in Japan. I was in Tokyo for nearly 11 years- all through the '90s.

Hmm, I will be driving into Dallas some time this month, so maybe I should start looking for some stores there. I did find that site and promptly ordered from them. I'm hoping it goes smoothly and I picked the right kind of coffee. I don't remember which one he liked, and there was only one available at the site. He probably won't care though; I think he loved them all.

Oh, my, 11 years? I've only been to Tokyo once. Well, I've been through the airport a few times, but that doesn't count. I'd love to go back to Japan!

I'm in Japan, if you tell me what to look for I can try to get you some.

Won't help in the long term, we're only here for another 22 months unless dh makes Chief, then we'll be here less than a year. But, it will help for right now.

Kris

Oh, wow, Kris, thank you! I'm going to message you so I can paypal you or something. Shipping should be free because it's APO origination and destination, but it's still a hassle to get it, pack it, and then stand in line to mail it.

Good luck to your dh. :thumbup:

Thank you, all!

Dh loved these when we lived in Japan, and I would love to send some to him while he's deployed. Last time he was deployed, we had a friend who still lived in Japan send them to him. I remember looking online back then and not having any luck. Does anyone know if there's a place online where you can order it and ship it to an APO address?

What about http://www.Commissaries.com ? There is a link for virtual shopping. It looks like right now there are no Japanese canned coffees, but if you contacted them, you might be able to work something out.

Another thought is that AAFES might be able to get them in as a special order?

Mamagistra, I've never seen that kind before.

But I did find out that he likes these best:

b197147754.jpg

Thanks, Sebastian, I didn't even know about that site. Thanks for sharing! I wrote to them, and I'll see what AAFES says. Thanks for the suggestions. Can't hurt to try. :)

Those were our favorite too!! I'm still looking! We live in Vegas and there is an area downtown that is all Asian grocers and other stores. I'm going to look down there and see if they carry any.

We were at Misawa too! We were there 1998-2007.

I know nothing about Japanese canned coffees (though they sound yummy & now I want to try one)! :D

However, I thought I would mention that Starbucks sells canned coffees. They are called Doubleshots (and here) & they have a few different varieties. I know you can buy them in Starbucks locations, and I think many grocery stores carry them too. They're good! :001_smile:

P.S. It looks like you can find the Starbucks versions online from many sites.

Edited by Stacia