Menu

Help me spend money on Amazon

I have a $50 gift certificate and want to spend it but...

So I'm thinking maybe a family game? Any great ones? We like Cranium. We like Othello.. We like Scrabble and Upwords We like cards (Rummy, poker, Phase 10). We typically have short attention spans so prefer a game that ends in under an hour (we'll play more times if we want longer).

I got a book on being a more traditional wife and another called Home Comforts (the latter is part of this gift certificate purchase). If there were something along that line, it might be helpful.

I can't read novels yet (I have not read a whole novel since the stroke 3 years ago) so there isn't any reason to go that direction.

Maybe something brainy for on the computer or a book? But we have lots of crossword puzzles and sudoku. I have a wii but nothing handheld.

Anyway, any ideas?

Edited by 2J5M9K

You can buy something for me! ;) hehehehe :p I love your idea of the board game. I like to play those as well and it's great that the family can do it together. The trivia games are fun, or Outburst or scrabble. I LOVE monopoly but it just takes too long to play. What about Clue? Or maybe some traditional games like dominoes or backgammon. I would say chess but that's only for 2 players. There is one too that I saw in a movie where you have teams and one person has to draw an image and the other person on their team has to try to guess it before anyone else. It looked like fun but I don't know what the game is called. :blushing: I hope that you and your family enjoy your game night. :)

We love the game "Blokus"!

We love that game as well.

The audio book is a good idea. I want to buy "A Child's Garden of Verses" on audio. Great for helping memorize those poems.

How about a DVD? A nice classic movie the whole family can watch? I bought Mary Poppins and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. My boys *love* Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Who would have thought that? :lol: I like the older Disney movies when Disney actually made decent family movies. On my list to buy is The Ugly Daschund and Flight of the Navigator.

Oh, you know what I'd like? A book sling. I'm forever losing my pencils that I have stuck in my books.