Menu

What Did You Forget To Buy?

I meant to get reinforcers for hole punched pages. We're going to go through WAY more glue sticks than I thought we were, so I need more of those. I don't think one package of watercolor crayons is going to cut it for two kids, since Artistic Pursuits uses them for so many projects. Lastly, I bought all these art supplies, but blanked on buying just regular old crayola crayons for the preschooler's lapbooking/coloring, and basic colored pencils for mapping and notebooking.

How about you?

Even if I make a list, I forget to get stuff. It's because my kids distract me while I am shopping.

hole reinforcements

ink cartridges

label maker cartridge

paper (can you believe that?)

My dd eats glue sticks, so I have them out of sight otherwise I would have to buy 20 or 30 at a go.

I will probably throw in crayons for toddler boy as he tends to STEAL dd's crayons while she is using them.

My dd eats glue sticks, so I have them out of sight otherwise I would have to buy 20 or 30 at a go.

Same here. But I started making lapbooks this year, so it's actually my fault this time. I used almost an entire stick Saturday night all by myself. It's wild on the weekends at my house.

Notebooks and dividers - the 5yo wants to have his own history and science books, too, even though he often wanders out of the room halfway through the lesson.:glare:

Glue sticks - what kind do you all recommend? We've settled on the RoseArt regular (white & not washable) smaller size type for handling the History Through the Ages timeline figures.

A white "pen" for marking the spines of sewn composition books.

Plus, I can't find a couple of books that were used for SOTW II by my older child. Ugh - they've got to be somewhere.

Thanks for the thread - I'm going to put hole reinforcers on my shopping list for tomorrow because I forgot them, too.

GardenMom

I forgot to buy one of our read-alouds for this year - The Incredible Journey. Luckily I won't need that one until the end of the year.

I forgot to get a US Atlas or road atlas... and I'm really needing one :(

I didn't forget this, but our electric pencil sharpener just recently died and I need a new one. I'm getting blisters from sharpening pencils!

I forgot about 3-4 books that I need for MFW. I purchased the program early last year and always meant to purchase the books later. Well I was putting everything together and realized we were missing pieces. :glare: I'm sure there are more things I've forgot but haven't noticed yet.

I forgot to buy Writing with Ease workbook. I sat down on Mon. and when we got to the writing section of our schedule I realized I never ordered the workbook because I wasn't sure which level would be best. I finally ordered it Tues. so we should be in business late next week.

I spent so much time running back and forth for my ds's charter school supplies that I think we have all our supplies. Last year we ran out of notebook paper, spiral notebooks and glue sticks so I stockpiled extra.

We started school on Monday. Today when I asked my son where he Rainbow Science Lab was, he told me that he didn't have labs this year. What!?! I looked, and I had completely missed that I had to order year 2's stuff. I placed my order today and it said it will ship in 4-6 weeks!! Now what?