Menu

Ever get trick or treaters asking for ...

... money as a charitable donation in addition to wanting candy? What did you do? Last Halloween, two Unicefers (I think) wanted $ and treats. All they got was treats. There were a ton of other kids swarming around me, and I was outside on the porch and nothing in my pockets.

I remembered them when I was little.

When I finally had a house that would get T or T'ers, and was no longer in the "partying on halloween" stage of my life, I'd always put a bowl full of loose change in a dish near the door so I'd have it, expecting kids to show up with boxes. The last few years we've been taking my son T or T'ing, so I've just left the bowl of candy by the front door while we were out so I haven't worried about having change.

I do, too, though I rarely get anyone asking.

I also carried a box for unicef as a kid. But I gotta ask: what on earth made you think about Halloween in August?!

Our commissary has had Halloween candy out for two weeks. I think it was out before all the back to school decorations were out.