Menu

Chocolate fountains, are they worth it?

my dd got a chocolate fountain as a gift a couple of years ago. We have never used it. We are giving a baby shower on Saturday and was considering using it. I know it is expensive for the chocolate. So if anyone has used one, was it worth spending the money on the chocolate? Thanks.

Lol, I went to a wedding once with one. There were hundreds of strawberries to dip into the chocolate fountain. It was heaven :)

I think they are probably great once in a blue moon.

I threw a baby shower for my SIL this past summer and we bought a chocolate fountain at Target ... the chocolate for the fountain is sold right next to the fountain. I think it was around $6/bag and we used 2 bags ... but it was SO worth it! The chocolate was all ready to go ... just dumped it into the fountain, turned it on and the chocolate melted and started running through the fountain. And I was *dreading* the clean up but it really came apart and washed up quickly. For a once-in-awhile treat, I highly recommend it! :)

We have borrowed one from a friend for Grad open houses..and my SIL has set one up for parties at her house. Everyone loves them! You do not have to buy the very expensive chocolate just for fountains. You can use chocolate chips with a little oil added to them. I don't know the recipe, if there is one, but my friend just melted the chips and poured some oil in it. You can check your directions you got with the fountain or there may be some recipes on the internet.

I was at a wedding Saturday that had a chocolate fountain. There were strawberries, bananas, oreos and angel food cake for dipping. HEAVEN. H-E-A-V-E-N. IMO, worth every penny.

How were the bananas? If you cut them ahead of time won't they turn brown?

Thanks for all the responses. I think we will try it out.

How were the bananas? If you cut them ahead of time won't they turn brown?

Thanks for all the responses. I think we will try it out.

I happen to know the answer to this, because I cut up 8 bunches of bananas for this! :D

I sprinkled some sort of substance on them to keep them from turning brown. I can't recall the name of it, but it was amongst the spices in the baking aisle. It had a green lid.

They didn't start to brown until today, and they were cut up Saturday morning.

I happen to know the answer to this, because I cut up 8 bunches of bananas for this! :D

I sprinkled some sort of substance on them to keep them from turning brown. I can't recall the name of it, but it was amongst the spices in the baking aisle. It had a green lid.

They didn't start to brown until today, and they were cut up Saturday morning.

Fruit Fresh by Ball. It is used when Freezing or canning fruit, but can be used on fresh as well.

kitchenandcompany_2065_2472372