Menu

Black Warrior Pencils

I've heard great things about Black Warrior Pencils. I tried a pack and loved them. Went back to Walgreens and they are gone....all gone. Went to two more Walgreens...gone...all gone. Word is they are discontinuing them. Went to another Walgreens and found 6 packs. That Walgreens didn't have the same info about supply, but two others showed me their inventory screen that shows they are discontinuing them. FYI to all.

What other sources have you found for these pencils?

I just picked some up at Office Max on Sunday. They weren't on sale, but I'm desperate for good pencils :D I also got a box of Ticonderoga pencils...there were tons of signs up saying how they were the best pencils, so I figured I'd try them too. :tongue_smilie: There were a lot of BW at OfficeMax.....I might have to go back and stock up I guess.

I've heard great things about Black Warrior Pencils. I tried a pack and loved them. Went back to Walgreens and they are gone....all gone. Went to two more Walgreens...gone...all gone. Word is they are discontinuing them. Went to another Walgreens and found 6 packs. That Walgreens didn't have the same info about supply, but two others showed me their inventory screen that shows they are discontinuing them. FYI to all.

What other sources have you found for these pencils?

It could be Walgreen's discontinuing to carry the product and not the manufacturer stopping to make it. It could also be the size of package being discontinued.

I went to the local small-business supply store in our town and they got them for me overnight from their warehouse. I wasn't pinching every penny, so it was fine to pay a little more.

I've never found them elsewhere, at a discounter, big box store, much less a Dollar Tree. Wish is had, though!

How much are you paying for your Black Warriors? Amazon has 8-packs for $3. I'm debating buying them, since I need something else from there too. I've been dying to try them, but we're still using our free Ticonderogas from last year's back-to-school sales. Are they better than Ticonderogas?

(Sorry if that's a minor hijack!)

The Papermate websites still lists Mirado Black Warriors, Mirado Classic and Mirado Woodtones as products.

I used to get them either at Office Max or Office Depot, using teacher discount cards or the back to school discount offers. Or watch for the promos with the grocery bag, where anything you can fit into the bag is discounted.

I actually found them at Dollar Tree!!

Was this recently? If so, I'll be sending over dh to take a look. :001_smile: For the person who bought some at Walgreens, were they on sale? I'm thinking about buying the Ticonderogas at Staples for $1.50/pack, but I might try to hunt down Black Warriors at Walgreens if they are on sale.

Guest janainaz

Our Ticonderoga's are useless - the lead falls out on all of them. I have an electric pencil sharpener and I have given up on all pencils - they all let me down. I'm switching to mechanical.

I got mine at Dollar Tree about 6 weeks ago. 12 in a pack for a dollar. Wish I had picked up 4 or 5 packs instead of just 2--I saw them and honestly, my thought was, "Are these THE Black Warrior pencils everyone on WTM raves about?" :D

Thanks for the info. I just popped over to my Dollar Tree and bought 5 packs, 12 for $1. Unbelievable compared to what I paid at Rite Aide!

Thanks for the info. I just popped over to my Dollar Tree and bought 5 packs, 12 for $1. Unbelievable compared to what I paid at Rite Aide!

Aw man! They didn't have them at mine, and the guy was working the floor had no clue what I was talking about. They had loads and loads of High School Musical pencils though :glare: