Menu

Our newest family member is in his crate....asleep!

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading the responses I received about 'Louie'.....or should I say the 'former Louie' as we had a name selected before we even went to the Rescue Event. :drool5:

'Guidry' is now asleep in his crate! He is a Blue Tick Hound, and there is a photo of him with the kids and me on my WTM page (or whatever it's called) -- click my name and you're there.

He has been a delight, a perfect gentleman, a great running partner (I took him out for a test drive), and the kids are captivated with him. We have heard them asking each other repeatedly, 'Can you believe we have a dog?' :hurray:

I have wondered if perhaps folks should start giving their soon to adopt-a-pet friends a 'Pet Shower.' :party:

Anyway, we did not want to ignore "Louie the former" 's Louisiana beginnings, and DH and I are HUGE NY Yankee fans, so we both immediately thought of (that amazing season!) 25 and 3 NYY Pitcher Ron Guidry's nickname, Louisiana Lightning, and we looked at each other and said together: GUIDRY!

One of the gentleman (an older gentleman) who was working the event was so thrilled that Louie/Guidry had a family. He told us that Louie was a great dog, and he was so happy for him...he asked if we were going to change his name, and we told him we were changing it to Guidry and he just beamed! He went on to recite Ron Guidry's won/loss record, so we knew he was definitely a fan. We told hin we will be back for another dog in a couple of months and he said that he will be on the lookout for a good sibling for Guidry!

So, that's it. Last week we went to the event, and my kids were thrusting dogs in my face for two hours, and I am so thankful I was able to be strong as I did not think that any of them were a good fit for us. I'm glad I waited, and I pray we can be a good family for this very nice dog.

Thank you again for all the wonderful responses from earlier today!