Menu

Where can I buy a table for my kids to do their work?

I see them online, but is there a brick and mortar store that sells them so that I can avoid paying shipping? I'd really like a table that I can adjust the height on.

We've been using the old fashioned desks, but they can be awkward to work at because there is not enough room to spread out.

Thanks!

Lisa

I see them online, but is there a brick and mortar store that sells them so that I can avoid paying shipping? I'd really like a table that I can adjust the height on.

We've been using the old fashioned desks, but they can be awkward to work at because there is not enough room to spread out.

Thanks!

Lisa

We use an old dining room table that I bought at a second hand store. My dh put a sheat of dairy barn liner on the top to make it smooth. It is sturdy but the legs don't adjust. I do have each of my dc sitting in a smaller office chair so those do adjust. Their feet don't hit the floor but they never sit with their feet hanging over anyway. For awhile I had small stools for them to put their feet on but they never really got used.

I paid $45 for the table last summer.

I bought an adjustable school table at Lakeshore Learning http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/home/home.jsp when my son was 18 months old.

Homeschooling wasn't on our radar at the time. I just bought it because it looked like a good table for DS's wooden train set, play-dough, finger painting and the like.

We are still using the table daily six year later. It is extremely sturdy (you can stand on it, though we don't) and the surface is perfectly smooth for writing or painting. It is easy to wash after dissecting something or painting.

Oh, one thing about those white adjustable tables, you can buy them anywhere - I got mine at Sam's Club, HOWEVER, they have a bumpy surface, which made them a poor choice to draw/write/color on. :( Otherwise, love them for anything else!

I've got my eye on the Lakeshore Learning tables now... I used to own a business and could get half off on these Jonti Craft tables (linked below), wish I would've bought a few at wholesale costs, as these look nice too. My friend's dad was the head of Jonti Craft, I should've checked them out when I lived in MN.

http://www.jonti-craft.com/Catalog/Categories.ASP?Category=14