Menu

Strawberry salsa - my new favorite

I have a recipe I just HAD to share. A friend made this snack for a meeting a few weeks ago and I just can't get enough of it!

Strawberry Salsa

2 carton grape tomatoes - diced

1 carton strawberries - diced

1/2 c. cilantro - chopped

6 green onions - chopped

6 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I use 3 because I love balsamic vinegar)

Mix the cilantro, onions, oil and vinegar. Add diced tomatoes and strawberries. Chill for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.

How simple and delicious! With a roasted chicken it makes a fabulous summer side. Enjoy!

Um, that sounds really good! Does it have a sweet taste from the strawberries?

Tia

I have a recipe I just HAD to share. A friend made this snack for a meeting a few weeks ago and I just can't get enough of it!

Strawberry Salsa

2 carton grape tomatoes - diced

1 carton strawberries - diced

1/2 c. cilantro - chopped

6 green onions - chopped

6 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I use 3 because I love balsamic vinegar)

Mix the cilantro, onions, oil and vinegar. Add diced tomatoes and strawberries. Chill for 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.

How simple and delicious! With a roasted chicken it makes a fabulous summer side. Enjoy!

Um, that sounds really good! Does it have a sweet taste from the strawberries?

Tia

It does have a sweet taste, but it's just a hint of sweet. More of a tang really? I suppose you could leave out the cilantro - but it doesn't have the typical cilantro flavor. I think the vinegar tones it down. My mom, who hates cilantro, even liked this. Anyway, it's yummy - makes me happy on a hot early summer afternoon!

I'm just pondering the concept of *dicing* grape tomatoes.:blink:

The women of my church will be coming over for a fellowship evening in a couple of weeks. I think I'll make this, although those tomatoes might not be diced, lol.

I am on my way out to get the ingredients, I can't wait:auto:

I'm back, it's yummy! I practically ate the whole thing. I can't wait to make this for a cookout, I loved it, THANKS!!!!

Edited by Pongo

That sounds really good!

Could you subsitute the cilatro with something else? I'm not a fan of it but this sounds good enough to try to change it.

I'd suggest Italian parsley. You'd still get the "green" flavor, color, and texture, but without the "soapy" taste of cilantro that some people can't abide. Not me, I love it :D

Bill