Menu

where do you shop online for clothing?

I'm trying to find a few cute tops for summer to go with casual shorts and capris. I want something short sleeve. I have plenty of solid color t's but I'm looking for something multicolored. I like the look of a few graphic t's that I saw online at Old Navy and American Eagle but I'm not sure if they are more for the teen set. Would I look funny wearing a t-shirt that said Old Navy on it. I saw a cute floral t-shirt at American Eagle but I'm not sure how their sizing goes. I'm usually a misses size medium but I'm not sure how the American Eagle shirts would fit. Are they meant more for the junior figure? I'm definitely not chesty so that isn't a problem but I don't want to look like a 40 year old who looks like they are trying to look like a teen.

I like Newport News Clothing & Chadwicks of Boston for online purchasing. The stuff is reasonably nice quality and well priced, they ship fast and the shipping rates aren't too exorbitant.

For local stuff, I shop Goodwill 99% of the time, and walk out with NY & Co, Express, Ann Taylor, and a bunch of other brands. I figure if I can get a nice Ann Taylor or Ralph Lauren shirt for $5, why shop anywhere else?

I love Garnet Hill. Kind of expensive, but mostly I get stuff on sale, and the quality has always been wonderful.

I like J Jill too, but I have found the quality is hit or miss, many of the tops I have bought have pilled or shrunk. Not all, tho, some have lasted.

A store I haven't ordered from, but I used to LOVE when they had a store in our local mall is Northern Reflections. I loved their screened tee with nature themes. They also had nice embroidered sweatshirts and sweaters.

Best of all, I just found their web site! I think I'll be buying their clothes again. :001_smile:

Edited by Kathy in MD

To answer your question about sizing I think that both AE and ON tees run small, they are supposed to be form fitting, although if you are small chested it might not be too bad. Some of ON's tees do run true like the flag tees, but not their tiny tees.

As for maturity I have lots of these tees that have the logo on them and I don't think it screams mid life crisis. However, I would strongly suggest avoiding anything with "hottie", "cutie", or "I like boys" on it.:drool:

Have fun.:D

I got an LL Bean Visa card a few years ago and shop there a lot now. If you order with the card, you not only get free shipping (with NO minimum) but also free return shipping if there is a problem. You can't beat this if you're like me and have no time to go out shopping. The disadvantage to shopping online is that sometimes you don't know exactly what you're getting and are disappointed when it arrives. With free return shipping, you simply send it back FOR FREE. That is a great advantage! They also have pretty good sale items.