Menu

Would you offer this? Or appreciate it if a friend offered it?

TheReader

A friend is returning in a few days from a vacation taken with her family of origin. Her DH and kids were here while she is gone. 

Her kids and mine are in shared activities, and we're giving her boys a ride to/from the activity the day after she returns (she gets home really late at night). 

It dawned on me perhaps I could offer to have her boys stay the night with us that night, attend the activity the following day, and return them that afternoon; this would give her and her DH a little time to reconnect &/or her to get over any lingering jet lag. 

Her kids are teens, so not honestly small enough to be underfoot and in the way if she needs to retire to her room early, so rest & reconnection can likely happen whether I offer or not. 

Her kids routinely do sleep away stuff, sleep overs, etc. so I know that's not a concern (ie, I have some friends who don't allow that sort of thing; I would therefore not offer to them). 

I need to ask my DH if he minds a few more extra kids (we have my nephew), and what he thinks (probably will say yes), but would it be weird? Should I offer?

Would you? Would you be glad a friend had offered? 

If she says no, no problem, won't hurt my feelings. We're good enough friends that I think she'll be comfortable being honest if she wants to say no. Our kids are good enough friends that I think they'd enjoy it. 

What say the Hive?

Pending a scheduling conflict she may accept :) 

Peachydoodle, it comes from having a husband that travels for work (7 to 14 days at a time) often. I know, deeply, that need to have some down time/couple time upon returning home. If you & I were friends in real life, and you lived nearby, and had a situation like this...I would offer.