Menu

dab nabbit I burnt the bacon

SparklyUnicorn

Hmm, well, if you got your bad thing of the day out of the way first thing, that could help the rest of the day...  

(Gotta look at the positive.)

Otherwise... sorry.

I can't remember the last time I ate bacon... I fixed an egg & cheese sandwich on a wheat thin this morning.  I was too lazy to cut up my usual veggie saute to go along with regular fried eggs.  Gotta admit, the change tasted good!

• Like 1

Bacon, for me, is still underdone unless it is right on the border of being a pile of ashes. So crispy it's almost crumbly.

That's the only way I'll eat bacon. It's also why I can't eat bacon-wrapped anything. In order for the bacon to be pliable enough to wrap around something, it won't be cooked  enough for me to eat it.

Sorry about your (perceived) burned bacon Sparkly. I hope that's the worst thing that will happen today.

• Like 3

That's no way to start off the day!!

It's not burnt to a point I won't eat it, but very very well done.  *sigh*

:grouphug:

Bacon is like manna from Heaven.  To have it fail in the pan is tragic.  I feel your pain.

Poor Sparkly.  More :grouphug: .

(And now I'm craving a BLT and it's over 2 hours until lunch.  Sigh.)

• Like 1

That's the only way I'll eat bacon. It's also why I can't eat bacon-wrapped anything. In order for the bacon to be pliable enough to wrap around something, it won't be cooked  enough for me to eat it.

Interesting.  I despise bacon or bacon flavor on anything (salads, sandwiches except BLTs, burgers, etc).  Now you have me wondering if it's the bacon itself I despise or how much it's cooked.  For BLTs we can cook it as we like... but... I don't mind bacon (plain) that's pliable, so I guess it's probably just the flavor that seems wrong (to me) on anything else.  Interesting thought though.  When bacon comes on other things I generally take it off and give it to hubby or someone to eat.  If it happens again I'll have to take a taste to decide for sure.

• Like 1