Menu

I can't believe my teen boy said it!

Hot Lava Mama

"I'm full!" 

Words NEVER uttered by him before!  All it took was two days of cooking.  Pies as far as the eyes can see.  Tons of potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and two chickens!

Whew.  I was wondering if maybe he had a huge hole in his throat and the food never made it to his tummy!

:)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hot Lava Mama

• Like 23

"I'm full!"

Words NEVER uttered by him before! All it took was two days of cooking. Pies as far as the eyes can see. Tons of potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and two chickens!

Whew. I was wondering if maybe he had a huge hole in his throat and the food never made it to his tummy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hot Lava Mama

Sounds like my son! :-D

I thought it was going to be "You were right, mom." Said about anything. I'm pretty sure mine does not know how to string those words together and utter them. ;)

Nope.  Not yet.  Still waiting to hear those words.  Perhaps when he turns a little older he will remark "how smart" I have become.  :)  

Hot Lava mama

• Like 1

My teenage boys weighed themselves immediately before and immediately after eating Thanksgiving dinner. The two oldest gained 5 & 6 pounds, respectively. All 4 of my teenage boys are swimmers, burning probably 5000+ calories a day - they are all like bottomless pits!

That is too funny!  My 11 year old boy does that too.  The other kids get such a kick out of it when he talks about how much weight he gains after a meal.  My 11 year old will be the biggest of all the boys.  He was born...as we say...with "big paws" and has a huge wide back.  His uncles on Daddy's side are huge weight-lifters.  They all fill up the door frame when they walk in.  That is his future.

Hot Lava Mama

Hahahahaha! Oh, man, I'm scared for my future. I cooked for two days and made a ton of food. My kids ate a little of everything, but I stood there looking at the 3/4 of the pan of sweet potato casserole that was left, thinking, "In a few years, this will be too small a portion for four teenage boys."

Yep.  No leftovers here.  I think there was one piece of "picked over" pumpkin pie.  That's it.  I was hoping I could get away with not cooking today.  Bummer!

Hot Lava Mama

My teenage boys weighed themselves immediately before and immediately after eating Thanksgiving dinner. The two oldest gained 5 & 6 pounds, respectively. All 4 of my teenage boys are swimmers, burning probably 5000+ calories a day - they are all like bottomless pits!

It was funny last night. My 16yo DS had made his plate and placed it at the "kids table" while he went to get a drink. My BIL (whose kids are all little) saw his plate at the kids table and said, "Whose plate is this?!" I think he was thinking one of the little kids just over-piled a plate. ;) I said, "Lol, no that is my son's!"