Menu

Bible In 90 Days

Slache

Finished Nehemiah just a minute ago. I'm going to read Esther today, too.

I've read Nehemiah several times, and even done an in depth study before, but I really enjoyed it today. I loved the chapter where they are all working together to rebuild the wall, and each family is doing their part. How's that for deep spiritual insight? :lol:

Today I finished day 45 and am in Proverbs.  I would still like to gain another week over the next several, but dh goes back to working only 40 or 50 hours next week likely  so I probably won't be getting up as early and therefore doubt I will get the extra half hour in each day.  However with where I am now, I can probably read 1/2 an hour a day on vacation so maybe I will finish when by the time vacation is done.

• Like 1

I'm still in this, but I'm so very far behind schedule. We needed to make two long distance road trips to tend to an illness in the family and a funeral. With another trip sandwiched in between, I've been on the road much of August. I tried to keep up, but couldn't. And now, I'm staring at September and realize I haven't even ordered our curriculum.

So, I'm going to pick up where I left off and move forward. I'll complete the 90 days long after you guys finish, but I WILL finish!

• Like 1

I'm still in this, but I'm so very far behind schedule. We needed to make two long distance road trips to tend to an illness in the family and a funeral. With another trip sandwiched in between, I've been on the road much of August. I tried to keep up, but couldn't. And now, I'm staring at September and realize I haven't even ordered our curriculum.

So, I'm going to pick up where I left off and move forward. I'll complete the 90 days long after you guys finish, but I WILL finish!

:grouphug:

Looks like I won't be getting much done on the weekends.  We seem to spend most of our days in the car, exploring.  I'll still be reading, but will probably finish later than the 90 days. 

I hope everyone is well.  :)

Keep reading and if you keep posting past the 90 days I will pop in to encourage you.  It isn't about hitting the exact date it is about reading through the entire bible and learning from it and if it takes a extra week or 2 or longer you have still done what you set out to do in the end.

• Like 2

I am still listening to the Bible in a Year.  It takes 15-20 min. depending on the readings.  I sometimes listen to his commentary and prayer requests at the end, but often don't.  

My son is going to a charter school a bit of a drive away so I listen on the way home  from morning drop off (I carpool on the way so I like to talk to the other teens.)

It will take me longer, but at least I am doing it pretty regularly, and if I miss a day or two, it isn't setting me back nearly as far.

• Like 3

Well, you'll just have to read the Bible in 100 days, which is pretty awesome. I have found that some parts go much faster than others, and I'm sure you'll find that, too. You maybe able to catch up that way?

I am on Isaiah now.

My family is leaving town for 5 days. I might be able to catch up within that time frame. Or at least get close.

• Like 2

A bloody liar or a bloody thief or something like that would be an insult, but just to call somebody bloody I haven't even heard before.

He was calling him a bloody king. I should have understood it in context, but I assumed it was a cultural thing that I had missed.