Menu

Bible In 90 Days

Slache

I am excited, I realized this morning, I only have about 2 days worth of reading before getting into the New Testament.  When I started I had never sat down and read several of the last books of the old testament, I am pretty sure I have covered all the rest at 1 time or another.  Even though I have listened to a fair amount of it I am so glad that I am approaching having read the bible in its entirety.  It is supposed to storm this afternoon so maybe after dd is done with school for the day, I will have more time to read and maybe make it to Matthew.

I already have 2 books lined up to read after this.  I have a book about Martin Luther and I am going to sit down and read The Story of the World so that I can stay ahead of dd (I haven't decided whether to start it in the spring or next fall.)  I am feeling like I am starting to get a basic knowledge of ancient history.  I also would like to sit and read the bible in 180 days with commentary to go along with it.  I am thinking I might start that after Christmas.

Please also pray for us.  Dh's project is coming to an end in the next couple of weeks, the oil industry has come to a screeching halt and he is a contractor.  We are used to contracting and picking up and going where the work is or taking some time off knowing that he will be able to get work easily when he wants it.  We are concerned about whether they will come up with something for him to do and if not when the next job will come.  It is just different this time because of the economy.

• Like 4

Wow, ladies. My hat is off to you! It's so interesting to read through this thread. I've read through the Bible several times in a year, but 90 days? ;) That's some serious commitment to reading. I love getting the big picture perspective when I read the books through in a year. Can't join y'all b/c I'm already doing other things but I'm enjoying popping in to see how it's going.

• Like 3

I am well on my way in Matthew and have an update on the job situation.  They want him for 6 weeks to tie up loose ends and then they are thinking about sending him out to the field for a disaster project that is only an hour from where we currently are.  We might be able to get an apartment halfway between here and there and still do our activities we are involved in here.

• Like 3

Back to 6 days behind. Hoping to be 5 by the end of the night.

Genesis

Exodus

Leviticus

Numbers

Deuteronomy

Joshua

Judges

Ruth

1 Samuel

2 Samuel

1 Kings

2 Kings

1 Chronicles

2 Chronicles

Ezra

Nehemiah

Esther

Job

Psalm (in progress)

Proverbs

Ecclesiastes

Song of Solomon

Isaiah

Jeremiah (in progress)

Lamentations

Ezekiel

Daniel

Hosea

Joel

Amos

Obadiah

Jonah

Micah

Nahum

Habakkuk

Zephaniah

Haggai

Zechariah

Malachi

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Acts

Romans

1 Corinthians

2 Corinthians

Galatians

Ephesians

Philippians

Colossians

1 Thessalonians

2 Thessalonians

1 Timothy

2 Timothy

Titus

Philemon

Hebrews

James

1 Peter

2 Peter

1 John

2 John

3 John

Jude

Revelation

• Like 1

I finished John this morning.  Reading the gospels in that short amount of time has really been an emotional roller coaster.  Reading the accounts of the death of Christ multiple times over the last several days is difficult and somber.  Knowing that he did that to save us all from the things that we do that are sinful and that the price for those sins is already paid.

God is good, all the time.

• Like 2

I would love to have an avatar, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?

It's in your settings. I've been meaning to change mine to a picture of me with Minnie ears because it's no longer pool season and I'm adorable in general.

Hoping to finish Ezekiel today.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any study plans for when you are done with this? Just curious.

Doing this has made me want to read the whole thing again, but more slowly with commentary. I would like to read the Bible through once a year or so with different commentaries. I'm also planning on starting every morning with one Psalm and one Proverb since I don't get much time to read in the mornings.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any study plans for when you are done with this? Just curious.

I have a Martin Luther book that I have attempted a couple of times and will more seriously go back and read.  After that I would like to more slowly go through the OT with something other than KJV and a commentary.

• Like 1

The new testament goes quickly.  

I am reading in Revelations now, I don't know if I will finish today or tomorrow.  I am starting a day and a half drive with just me and dd this morning.  It is still early and if I can get off the internet and read I will make progress.

• Like 1