Menu

Muse magazine

Glad he likes it!!  My son subscribes to both Muse and Odyssey.  He also used to read a lot of Cobblestone, which covers American history, from the library.  And when he was much younger he was famous among the librarians for carefully sorting through the issues of Ask and Appleseeds to carefully select which ones he would check out, LOL.  They're really great publications!!

We haven't really started any magazine except for Highlights which my kids are not really into except for the hidden picture part.  When would you recommend children start these magazines?  I am not sure if I am looking for an age range or maybe when they are able to understand_____________. Or when they start showing interest in _______________.

My favorite section is the Dear Muse Reader on page 3.  Last month's One-Ingredient Recipes had me falling out of my chair.

Une Carotte Orange

Ingredients:

a carrot

Optional equipment:

vegetable peeler

Directions:

Wash carrot.

Optional: Using the vegetable peeler, carefully scrape off outer skin.  Feel unsure about whether you have just removed the layer with all the vitamins.  Vow to look that up.

Enjoy!