Menu

Another pie question (Costco)

Xuzi

If I were to buy a Costco pumpkin pie today, would it still be good a week from now? Our nearest Costco is an hour away, and I'll have a chance to go there today, and I thought I'd pick up a pie while I was there, but I won't if it'd be spoiled before Thanksgiving.

You could always freeze it and then thaw in next Wednesday.

:iagree: If you have room in your freezer, this is what I would do. You can take it out wednesday night and put it in your refridgerator so it thaws slowly and it should be all ready on thanksgiving day.

We toss them after 3 days, they tend to mold on the 4th day here. I keep them in the garage where it is cool (40-50-60*) but not refridgerater cold.

Definitely freeze it. They do come in a largeish box, so make sure you have quite a bit of room.

If I were to buy a Costco pumpkin pie today, would it still be good a week from now? Our nearest Costco is an hour away, and I'll have a chance to go there today, and I thought I'd pick up a pie while I was there, but I won't if it'd be spoiled before Thanksgiving.

If it is any help, i think pumpkin is one of the easiest pies to make. it's just basically pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, evap milk and pour into a crust.

If it is any help, i think pumpkin is one of the easiest pies to make. it's just basically pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, evap milk and pour into a crust.

I have made them myself before, but there's just something about Costco's. :lol:

There's one wrapped in several layers of tinfoil lounging in my fridge freezer as we speak. :D

I'm such a horrible pie snob. I read your post and literally gasped out loud in horror that anyone would buy a pie--to eat!--from a Costco. :scared:

I am taking my reaction as a clue that I need to get a life. :lol:

Edited by BrookValley
commas aren't my friends today.