Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xuzi

Another pie question (Costco)

If I were to buy a Costco pumpkin pie today, would it still be good a week from now? Our nearest Costco is an hour away, and I'll have a chance to go there today, and I thought I'd pick up a pie while I was there, but I won't if it'd be spoiled before Thanksgiving.

We have bought them a few times and they get moldy after 3 or 4 days. That said we have opened them, eaten about half and keep it on our counter, rather then in the fridge.

Their best before dates on the pies are not that long so I wouldn't chance that. I have, however, frozen the pie and thawed it a week later and it still tasted great. I was advised to do so by the lady who worked at the Costco bakery.

You could always freeze it and then thaw in next Wednesday.

:iagree: If you have room in your freezer, this is what I would do. You can take it out wednesday night and put it in your refridgerator so it thaws slowly and it should be all ready on thanksgiving day.

Awesome! Yay! I'm glad I won't have to delay my Costco trip. I want to go NOW before it gets too slammed with pre-holiday shoppers. :lol:

We toss them after 3 days, they tend to mold on the 4th day here. I keep them in the garage where it is cool (40-50-60*) but not refridgerater cold.

Definitely freeze it. They do come in a largeish box, so make sure you have quite a bit of room.

We just bought several today. I put mine in the freezer, I have done this every year. I take them out the day before and put them in the fridge and they taste great.

Sheri

If I were to buy a Costco pumpkin pie today, would it still be good a week from now? Our nearest Costco is an hour away, and I'll have a chance to go there today, and I thought I'd pick up a pie while I was there, but I won't if it'd be spoiled before Thanksgiving.

If it is any help, i think pumpkin is one of the easiest pies to make. it's just basically pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, evap milk and pour into a crust.

If it is any help, i think pumpkin is one of the easiest pies to make. it's just basically pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, evap milk and pour into a crust.

I have made them myself before, but there's just something about Costco's. :lol:

There's one wrapped in several layers of tinfoil lounging in my fridge freezer as we speak. :D

Before I had to give up gluten, I would buy several and throw them in the freezer. I'd just pull them out to thaw a day before I needed it. Those pumpkin pies and the pumpkin cheesecake are a delicious deal. So sad I've had to give them up!

I'm such a horrible pie snob. I read your post and literally gasped out loud in horror that anyone would buy a pie--to eat!--from a Costco. :scared:

I am taking my reaction as a clue that I need to get a life. :lol:

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin