Menu

Do fifth babies arrive early?

I figure if someone could ask about a second baby, I can ask about a fifth.

So, in your experience, will I go early? I have been near due date in the past.

What is the earliest that is safe (I do not want to pray for something unsafe ;))

I really want to be done being pregnant - can you tell?

My experience in seven births has been that they've all been consistently early (the closest I've gotten to my due date has been 3 days prior). So my theory is that "early" or "late" has to do with something physical (eg, in my situation I think I ovulate earlier than average and so my babies are done cooking "earlier"). The midwife I see when pregnant also said this.

I keep looking at all of these baby posts hoping that I will see what I want to hear ;), that starting with the third baby, they are born early. Gosh, that would be fabulous news, but it doesn't look like it is panning out for me ;)

My third is due in August and I asked the midwife at my last appointment when is the "safest" premature time, obviously a question they did not appreciate. I still have the long hot summer to go and I am just so over this pregnancy.

Hoping you eventually have good news for me that you end up going early :D

1st - 2 1/2 weeks early

2nd - 2 weeks early

3rd - 1 1/2 weeks early

4th - 1 week early

5th - 3 days early (after being hospitalized and on bed rest numerous times for preterm labor from 30 weeks on)

6th - 1 week over

7th - 1 1/2 weeks over

:D

Not mine! They got later and later the more of them there were! :D

That was my mother's experience. My oldest sister was born 2 weeks early and I, number 5, was born 2 weeks late. I was born on her due due date and she on mine. Number 3 was on time (the only time in her life, I think).

I can't speak from personal experience, since I had both my babies at one time (twins) and they were 12.5 weeks early. I would have had to have had about 12 kids to get the first one near due date based on my mother's experience. :D:lol:

Haven't made it to a 5th baby, but my 3rd was 35wks, 6days--a preemie by one day. If you're birthing in a hospital, pray that he/she makes it to at least 36 weeks. Preemies are treated differently, even if it is by just one day.

My fifth baby came two days early which was about average for me.

BUT - he came when I didn't even realize I was in labor! I had had Braxton-Hicks for months and was experiencing the same mild contractions I had learned to ignore. Based on my mood, my dh decided I was in labor, and called the Dr. The Dr. and my dh FORCED ME to go to the hospital. I was 7cm and delivered painlessly about 45 minutes after arriving at the hospital. Seriously, I felt like I cheated on a test!

My fifth baby came two days early which was about average for me.

BUT - he came when I didn't even realize I was in labor! I had had Braxton-Hicks for months and was experiencing the same mild contractions I had learned to ignore. Based on my mood, my dh decided I was in labor, and called the Dr. The Dr. and my dh FORCED ME to go to the hospital. I was 7cm and delivered painlessly about 45 minutes after arriving at the hospital. Seriously, I felt like I cheated on a test!

Okay, I want this experience! Did your other labors/deliveries go like this?

Okay, I want this experience! Did your other labors/deliveries go like this?

#5 was my favorite :D

No other labor was this easy. Babies #3, #4, and #7 all came in under 3 hours, but it was nothing like #5. Baby #1 was 8 hrs, # 6 took 12 hours. You never can tell what's going to happen, even when looking at your own history.

My babies have all come very close to their due date. When I was pregnant with #5 I knew almost from the time I found out I was pregnant that that one would be late. No logic reason just "knew" and she was but only 2 days and since I wasn't expecting her on time it didn't really bother me to go overdue like previous times where I was going absolutely crazy. She made up for being overdue by being a super short and my easiest delivery by far.

#1 was 2 days early with 14 hours of labor (after multiple failed inductions) and still ended up as a c-section

#2 was 3 days late with 14 hours of labor (and more failed inductions and failed vbac) and was another c-section

#3 was 3 days late 9 hours of labor (we didn't even try inductions) and successful vbac

#4 was 2 days early 8 1/2 hours of labor (no inductions) and successful vbac

#5 was 2 days late, a little less than 3 1/2 hours of labor - successful vbac.

Guest Strong Roots

1st --- 1day late

2nd and third --- induced 2 days early

4th --- 4 days early

5th --- 2 days early

6th --- 5 days late!!!!!