Menu

OK book collectors a question

Calling all book collectors ....and you know who you are.

If you had to select just three books to keep from you collect what would they be? Would your selections be based on monatary value of sentimental value? Honetly, I will even have to think about this question :rolleyes: and come back later to post an answer. Oh, also lets just assume that many of us would keep a Bible or other religious book and it would not have to count as one of the three. Good luck with your mission!!!

Guest Virginia Dawn

Would this be the only 3 books you ever have again?

If so, I would go for practical, not sentimental or valuable.

1.Like those Readers Digest books on how to do just about anything all-in-one:mechanical/repair, cooking, gardening, sewing,etc.

2.Second can an encyclopedia/dictionary set be considered a book? I would choose that.

3. Hmmm. I know this sounds odd but the 3rd would probably be a Rules of Games book. That gets used alot around here. :)

Now if this question only meant that we could own 3 books, but that we could *borrow* whatever we wanted, then I don't know what I would choose. As much as I have always loved to read, I don't feel the need to possess.

I don't collect books for their monetary value. I collect them because I enjoy reading them. So, what I would keep would be something I truly enjoyed.

1. Silver Pennies - this is a collection of children's poetry that has gone through three generations of my family. Obviously there is sentimental value to this choice, but it is also one that is enjoyed by many of us here.

2. Grudem's Systematic Theology

3. Not sure about this one. Do The Chronicles of Narnia count as one book? If they do I'd take that. If not, maybe The Chosen.

I wonder if there are any bookstores on the other planet....;)

1. Jane Austen's novels (I have a a volume that has all the novels in one so this can count as one book. :))

2. The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper. If I can't take them all...I'd cheat and do it anyway.

3. Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. I go back and re-read/skim it often for encouragement. It's my favorite parenting book.

Calling all book collectors ....and you know who you are.

If you had to select just three books to keep from you collect what would they be? Would your selections be based on monatary value of sentimental value? Honetly, I will even have to think about this question :rolleyes: and come back later to post an answer. Oh, also lets just assume that many of us would keep a Bible or other religious book and it would not have to count as one of the three. Good luck with your mission!!!

Three? Only *THREE*?!? Nope, I could never do it, it's impossible to choose.

Three? Only *THREE*?!? Nope, I could never do it, it's impossible to choose.

I can't pick three either.

1. The complete Jane Austen

2. Lord of the Rings trilogy

and I just can't pick a third, there are just too many to choose from.:confused:

OK So it has takem me all day to answer my own question. So what is I had to do two loads of laundry, make stuffed peppers for my MIL, run to the store for rice I forgot to get yesterday for the stuffed peppers, make dinner for my family (don't ask - MIL is lucky we didn't eat her peppers), Oh and homeschool my ds. so as I folded, drove, stirred and taught I thought....

1. The Complete works of Jane Austen OK so I will have to buy this which would make me feel like the guy in The Jane Austen Book Club movie and that may just not do.

2. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow don't ask me why but I have to read it every year on the first day that feels like fall.

3. The last one was a toss up between Walden and A Christmas Carol, well Sleepy Hollow is small maybe I could hide it in a pocket.

Well now I can sleep tonight knowing I was able to answer this question, then again.......

This is a really tough question to answer! And then I felt bad because one of my choices would have been 'the complete works of Stephen King' and others were bringing hymn books and practical books! :(

If I couldn't bring my laptop so I could read online [:D] then my list would be~

1) complete works of JRR Tolkien

2) complete works of Stephen King

3) complete works of Shakespeare [so I can feel smart]