Menu

Just checking in to update you all on my health issue -

I have been doing really well, thanks to your many prayers! I had a rash on my face and head for a few weeks, but it has gone away. I've dealt with nausea and still dealing with bathroom issues due to the medicine. These are the normal side effects of the medicine I'm on. The rash is suppose to be a good sign that the medicine is working. I get a little rash on different places on my body just about every day or so. I got dehyrated one day and almost had to go to the hospital. I was able to get out of going by drinking LOTS of fluids and through much prayer.

I go back in three weeks to have a chest xray done to see if the tumor has shrunk. Please pray that my digestive tract calms down so I can eat healthy and that the xray shows it has shrunk. I'm so thankful that I feel good and am able to do what I was used to doing before the diagnosis. The Lord deserves all the glory! I'm thankful for your prayers!

Love,

Molly

Bless your heart, Molly. I'm somewhat new but read your prior posts about your health. I just want to tell you that I know someone who was diagnosed over eight years ago, and is doing very well despite having a somewhat aggressive form of lung cancer, and she was in her 60s. The medications have improved so much.

I will be keeping you in my prayers.

:grouphug:

Molly, thank you for the update. I am glad you feel well enough to enjoy some of the things you liked to do before. That is great news!

Keep on working meds! I hope your digestive issues clear up soon.:grouphug: Is your rash painful or itchy? Is there anything you can do for that?

I will continue to keep you in thought and am sending you hope for peace, healing and strength.

:grouphug:

you can do for it, but I was advised to use Head and Shoulders shampoo for it. I did in the beginning, but I cannot stand the smell of it, so I'm using Aveeno Body Wash now. Much better smell! :-)

I have been doing really well, thanks to your many prayers! I had a rash on my face and head for a few weeks, but it has gone away. I've dealt with nausea and still dealing with bathroom issues due to the medicine. These are the normal side effects of the medicine I'm on. The rash is suppose to be a good sign that the medicine is working. I get a little rash on different places on my body just about every day or so. I got dehyrated one day and almost had to go to the hospital. I was able to get out of going by drinking LOTS of fluids and through much prayer.

I go back in three weeks to have a chest xray done to see if the tumor has shrunk. Please pray that my digestive tract calms down so I can eat healthy and that the xray shows it has shrunk. I'm so thankful that I feel good and am able to do what I was used to doing before the diagnosis. The Lord deserves all the glory! I'm thankful for your prayers!

Love,

Molly

Molly,

Have you seen Eating Well Through Cancer? It has a variety of recipes to help with various chemo side effects, including digestive problems. It doesn't deal with nausea, but there are some heavy duty drugs now to help with that problem. I got a free copy through my oncologist's office. Merck Oncology was the company that donated the books to my oncologist.

You might also look at the food lists for individuals with illiostomies. There are suggestions for various foods to deal with both types of elimination problems. Your doctor should also be able to help with medications to counteract these side affects.

I also understand that Vitamix is good for pulverizing your food and leaving all the nutrients in it to help maximize the amount of nutrition you can gain from each mouthful. Vitamix is supposedly better than a blender because the Vitamix can pulverize the cell walls, reducing the work your digective system needs to do. I had it recommended to me by a nutritionist.

I hope things are going better for you.