Menu

Excuses for a day off from school...

At breakfast this AM while my ds is reading the cereal box: "Mom, we shouldn't do school today because it will higher your cholesterol" -ds age 6

(Some days he just may be right. Homeschooling is not for the faint at heart):lol:

your turn....

Ha! This is too funny! What a cute little one you have.

We're off this week because it's my ds9's birthday week. We schedule a week off for each boy's birthday. We do fun stuff like extra museum trips and I also get caught up on projects. Anyway....

My little one said that we needed to have more kids in our family so we could have more weeks off. Ha! That's a new one!

Well, he may be on the right track.... I don't think it affects my cholesterol, but it definitely raises my blood pressure at times:001_smile:

My 5 year old dd was watching the news with me last week and was interested to learn that schools close when swine flu is suspected. She instantly wanted to know if she would get days off if our local sd had to shut down. You've got to love how those young minds work!

Don't worry about it, you live in the real world where humor is appreciated!!

Mine got a real kick out of Paris Hilton's comment on the swine flu. If you missed it, someone asked if she was concerned about it and she replied, "No, I don't eat that." LOL

Now, when we eat any pork, my dc's think we need the day off to keep from spreading the swine flu around. I'm just glad they think at a higher level than Paris.

At my house, we have two birthdays this week so we are doing "fun school" things and wrapping up some 4-H presentations, history, etc. We are watching some videos I never worked into the schedule but wanted them to watch. Gotta go cook some bacon now..... Just kidding.

I had massive allergies earlier this spring. I walked around in a zone for several days. I wasn't sick, just kind of spacey. My blessed ds, who was SO concerned about me, would come up and pat me on the back and say "If you don't feel good I guess we should skip school." :lol::lol: Then he'd smile so sweetly, which changed to frown as soon as I said no.

I'll add one more. Where we used to live I used to let ds have off for public school snow days. That way he could play with his friends and enjoy the snow.

We have moved to where it doesn't snow. Except...you know it's coming...this year it snowed so of course he begged to have the day off. He went out and made snow angels and snowballs and dh took off the day too. We went out as a family and the snow was gone by noon, but it was fun to take off for that day.