Menu

Where is the best place to buy

a large roll of butcher paper (I think that's what it's called)? I will be doing a few units on the human body for a preschool science class at our co-op and I was wanting to trace their bodies so we can paste pictures of organs in the correct place.

Also, if any of you have any great human body activites that are on the preschool level, please share with me!! TIA!

Our local newspaper saves the newsprint endrolls, and we can pick them up for free.

You may need to time your visit for when they are available.

I don't know the name of the human body book we used, but it is geared easy enough for preschoolers to mid-elementary, with shapes of the organs to cut out or trace. I've had it for over 10 years, but it's a classic--hopefully someone will come along and give you the NAME of it!

I got mine from a man who used to own a print shop.

If you can't find any, let me know and I'll send you as long a piece of paper as you want!

OH, I just thought of this: Try Hobby Lobby. They have rolled paper used for making banners, etc. It's in the art paper section.

I have bought end rolls from small newspaper operations. The big newspapers here in town do not sell them but the smaller ones do. I bought several rolls 5 years ago and we are still using them, there is alot of paper on that roll.

The other option if you don't want that much paper, is jsut to go to the post office and buy a small roll of butcher paper used to wrap parcels, It is usually just enough to do a body tracing picture.

Costco sells large rolls of butcher paper for under $30.

Call the newspapers as others have mentioned.

Do you have some old wrapping paper you would like to us up? The back side of most wrapping paper is white.

You may ask for donations first before you purchase other paper, it is amazing what people have around their houses.