Menu

Waaah!

My son's horse is being sold. When ds went off to college a little girl down the road wanted Fat Wally for her birthday. Son said to sell him, so I did. I always thought he'd be there.

I'm more upset than anyone, but I can't buy him back. I can't keep up with the ones I have now.

Someone come and get him and keep him in their backyard. He doesn't know he's a horse anyway.

wally2.jpg

Sorry to hear that Fat Wally will be leaving you. :grouphug: At least he will be just down the road. I'm sure the girl will be very good with him. Maybe she can bring him down from time to time for a visit.

No, he WAS down the road, now they are selling him.

I didn't want to sell Wally, but no one was riding him, the little girl reaaaally wanted him, and ds said go ahead. I'm really bummed but I can't take him back.

He was coal black as a foal. By the time he was two he was white as snow. He's a real character.

Aw, I'm sorry RM. Do you know why they're selling him? Are they savvy enough to pick a good buyer?

The little girl slid off of him (dad's saddle, slippery britches) and won't ride anymore. She's little, he's huge. But he's so gentle. I'm helping them to sell him, I've already gotten four inquiries.

We want to make sure he doesn't go to a cowboy type. He's big and strong so cowboys want to use him for roping, but he is Not A Cowboy Horse.

He's just too easy going for that, I don't want him spurred to pieces. We had him at a national cutting trainer's one summer, and it just didn't work. He just isn't cowy.

I told her to hold out for a good price, and I'm getting all the first emails from folks, and I'm picky.

How old is the girl? Is the horse just not a good fit for her?

Is that really an option to just not ride him anymore?

My 10 year old doesn't like riding our Thoroughbred because his neck is long, and her arms are small (besides, he is old and lazy).

She doesn't like riding the pony because he is little and bumpy.

So she rides our trainers $30,000 6 year old Quarter Horse. He is really too young, and she is not a good enough rider for him even though he's sweet.

He was trying to eat with his bit in, so she kicked him, and he took off at a gallop. My daughter hit the ground so hard she bounced. Boy was I glad that she was wearing a helmet!

She was sore for two weeks, but she got back on, that day, and rode for over an hour after being thrown.

I guess I like animals more than kids, because unless there was really something wrong with the horse, I'd tell my daughter that she needed to adjust her behavior, and keep her commitment to the horse she chose.

I'm sorry you are losing him, and I'm sorry for the bunny trail, but I just don't understand people sometimes.

Man, that's sad!! He's a BEAUTIFUL horse! I WISH I could get a horse for my son. He loves them so much and they're so good for him because of his autism, but I live in a small house in a city and there would be no where to keep one. sigh. They're such amazing animals.

How old is the girl? Is the horse just not a good fit for her?

Is that really an option to just not ride him anymore?

My 10 year old doesn't like riding our Thoroughbred because his neck is long, and her arms are small (besides, he is old and lazy).

She doesn't like riding the pony because he is little and bumpy.

So she rides our trainers $30,000 6 year old Quarter Horse. He is really too young, and she is not a good enough rider for him even though he's sweet.

He was trying to eat with his bit in, so she kicked him, and he took off at a gallop. My daughter hit the ground so hard she bounced. Boy was I glad that she was wearing a helmet!

She was sore for two weeks, but she got back on, that day, and rode for over an hour after being thrown.

I guess I like animals more than kids, because unless there was really something wrong with the horse, I'd tell my daughter that she needed to adjust her behavior, and keep her commitment to the horse she chose.

I'm sorry you are losing him, and I'm sorry for the bunny trail, but I just don't understand people sometimes.

I'm sick about it, he's such a great horse. The girl just isn't a rider, I think the mom just wanted her to be a rider. I wish I could take him back. But hopefully I can help pick the next owner.