Menu

Tell me what you think is the best middle school math curriculum....

shanvan

We really like Saxon and are sticking with it. But, I do know a few moms who are just as happy with Teaching Textbooks.

TT is a little more than 2x the cost of Saxon, but includes video lessons/explanations. So, if you want someone else teaching the lessons that would be a good plan, if you can swing the cost.

I'll make life a little more exciting and suggest also looking at the things VP suggests. (saxon pre-algebra, Jacob's algebra) Never thought I'd see the day I considered saxon, haha, but VP's recommend is pretty noteworthy in my book. Not that we're there yet or have used them, just what I've thought about.

Saxon here but I bought the videos of the lessons taught by Art Reed. and finding they have made a huge difference. My ds's don't like sitting for an extended lesson but these are 5 to 8 minutes and I have noticed vast improvements in their understanding.

For the lower elementary levels, we have always used the DIVE CD's and they are good as well.

This just allows my dc's to be able to start their math while I am working with someone else. For me, I like that.

I have switched around but have come back to Saxon completely. I just think it is meaty and thorough.