Menu

Oh, the rollercoaster of adoption ...

So, we got emails from our facilitator and our translator today. There was a glitch with the papers that the grandmother signed refusing guardianship. Although the grandmother wants Katya to be adopted and Katya wants to be adopted, these papers must be done correctly before we can move forward. Apparently, there was a box checked off incorrectly. So now, they have to wait for court to be in session, sign the papers, and have a 10-day waiting period. Then, it's possible that Katya could regain her status as a "pure orphan" meaning that we can adopt her this summer, OR it could be that she has a 14-month wait from the time that the papers are submitted. I can't even begin to think about waiting over a year from now. It will be awhile before this gets resolved and we know what the implications will be. I will try to post updates here, but may just be posting them on the blog.

So, we got emails from our facilitator and our translator today. There was a glitch with the papers that the grandmother signed refusing guardianship. Although the grandmother wants Katya to be adopted and Katya wants to be adopted, these papers must be done correctly before we can move forward. Apparently, there was a box checked off incorrectly. So now, they have to wait for court to be in session, sign the papers, and have a 10-day waiting period. Then, it's possible that Katya could regain her status as a "pure orphan" meaning that we can adopt her this summer, OR it could be that she has a 14-month wait from the time that the papers are submitted. I can't even begin to think about waiting over a year from now. It will be awhile before this gets resolved and we know what the implications will be. I will try to post updates here, but may just be posting them on the blog.

I have no idea what the adoption process is like from a personal stand point, I have only seen friends go on this rollercoaster & know it is tough. Prayers that the paperwork situation will work out and you'll only have the short wait. I have been following your bog on & off & your family's story is sweet. Katya looks like she just belongs home with you.

Thinking of your family!

Corby

Our adoption roller coaster wasn't as dramatic as yours, but I know the emotions you must be feeling. :grouphug:

Prayers that this process will slip as smoothly as a well greased string through your hands and your daughter will be a permenant part of your home soon.

Cindy, I don't know your personally, but I have read your blog about adopting this little girl and it moved me. I am sorry for this glitch and hope it gets resolved quickly. I'll pray that there is not an 18 waiting period. How terrible that would be for little katya. God Bless!

Cindy - I feel so for you. Having gone through the adoption process twice, with a few glitches, I know how frustrating it can be. I will be praying for your family and your little girl. We saw God work nothing short of miricles in our adoption process - He can do the same for you!

Cindy,

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this uncertainty. God is in control and has the perfect appointed time for her to come home. She is in God's hands.

We had some glitches also that just about did me in. My emotions were all over the board. Thankfully my older kids were a distraction and kept me in "the present."

:grouphug:

Again, I will be praying for God's perfect will to unfold...

Cindy,

I am so sorry you are being put through yet another uncertainty/delay. However, I have great faith that Katya will be home with you before too long and that there must be some purpose for this delay. As someone said earlier, Katya looks like she belongs to your family and she will one day soon.

Hugs and prayers for all,

Brigitte

Wow, that is just horrible. I can't imagine waiting that long. I hope you don't have to. Adoption is a roller coaster... some friends of ours just went through hell and back with their attempted adoption and it's not looking like a good outcome. It shouldn't be so difficult!:confused: