Menu

Please! I'm too tired to think & need some advice right now...

How old are your kids? I'd have one of them make something. Don't worry about the mess - your dh will be happy to take care of it!!

I laughed at this!! My oldest DC is 6. The other two are 3 and 22mos. I don't think I want them anywhere NEAR my kitchen! LOL!! I look forward to the day when they can do more that PB&H sandwiches on their own...

How old are your kids? Park yourself in the easy chair. Ask oldest child to get out the ground beef and brown it in a pan with garlic and chopped onion. Add 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tbs. chili powder (2 tbs. if you like it spicier).

Ask next child to get out a can or two of beans (kidney, northern, or black will do). Have the child open the can with a can opener. Dump in pan.

Ask same child (or if you have more kids to spare, the next in line) to get you a can of diced or chopped tomatoes. Open and dump in pan.

Stir. Let simmer on stove for 20 - 30 min. Ask them to set the table.

Ask oldest child to make garlic toast.

Get help getting out of armchair and getting to the table for dinner!

How old are your kids? Park yourself in the easy chair. Ask oldest child to get out the ground beef and brown it in a pan with garlic and chopped onion. Add 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tbs. chili powder (2 tbs. if you like it spicier).

Ask next child to get out a can or two of beans (kidney, northern, or black will do). Have the child open the can with a can opener. Dump in pan.

Ask same child (or if you have more kids to spare, the next in line) to get you a can of diced or chopped tomatoes. Open and dump in pan.

Stir. Let simmer on stove for 20 - 30 min. Ask them to set the table.

Ask oldest child to make garlic toast.

Get help getting out of armchair and getting to the table for dinner!

Oops! Just read your kid's ages. Ok - ask hubby to come home 1 hour early. Hand him this recipe!

Pizza's a great idea. I thought I'd try and make a nice home cooked meal for DH since he's been doing an awful lot of cooking around here after work lately... with lots more meals in the next few weeks, I'm sure. LOL. But, I just can't pull it off. I'm heading towards the armchair now... thanks again everyone!

Pizza's a great idea. I thought I'd try and make a nice home cooked meal for DH since he's been doing an awful lot of cooking around here after work lately... with lots more meals in the next few weeks, I'm sure. LOL. But, I just can't pull it off. I'm heading towards the armchair now... thanks again everyone!

Good for you!!! I'm sure your dh is happy to help!!:D