Menu

Best cough drop?

I like Ricola too.

Something else you might try, if you can abide the taste of ginger, is to place a thin slice of fresh ginger root on your tongue, and just let the ginger/saliva flow bathe your throat for an extended period.

Ginger has both antiseptic and analgesic qualities, so if your throat is getting inflamed it might help. And fresh ginger is easy to find in Hawaii.

Bill

I like Ricola too.

Something else you might try, if you can abide the taste of ginger, is to place a thin slice of fresh ginger root on your tongue, and just let the ginger/saliva flow bathe your throat for an extended period.

Ginger has both antiseptic and analgesic qualities, so if your throat is getting inflamed it might help. And fresh ginger is easy to find in Hawaii.

Bill

Ginger is my friend. I have made fresh ginger tea daily to fight this sickness and I'm the only one in the family to avoid it...so far. If I could only talk my dh into drinking it. Maybe I'll bring a thermos of some with a heavy dose of honey to the event tonight- perhaps he'll be just desperate enough. ;)

Ginger is my friend. I have made fresh ginger tea daily to fight this sickness and I'm the only one in the family to avoid it...so far. If I could only talk my dh into drinking it. Maybe I'll bring a thermos of some with a heavy dose of honey to the event tonight- perhaps he'll be just desperate enough. ;)

Ahh, so we're on the same page. Have you tried the ginger slice as a "lozenge"?

What's nice before bed is to gently warm (but not boil) some red wine, add honey, and a good squeeze of lemon juice. And drink in one long drink. Or several.

Right before a talk? Could be interesting :D

Bill