Menu

Ds wants a comfy reading "chair" for his bedroom, any recommendations?

I dont know what you cal them in the U.S. but we have several rocker recliners which we all read on. I have one in my bedroom. The kids tend to read in bed. All our recliners were 2nd hand from op shops and we love them, they have character.

Cushioned gliders.

We have 3 and all the kids fight over them...even the 2 y.o.

(with matching ottoman if you can find it)

:iagree:

We have 2 from when the kids were babies & they are great for reading in. (Padding over the armrests also makes it nice when reading if you're propping your elbows on the armrest.)

Could you take your ds on a 'test run' to try the different types of chairs mentioned here? He could pick what he likes most.

Cushioned gliders.

We have 3 and all the kids fight over them...even the 2 y.o.

(with matching ottoman if you can find it)

For these, check children's or maternity consignment shops/sales as they are popular nursery furniture.

My favorite reading chair as a child was an overstuffed armchair or a wingback chair.

Now if I had my druthers, here's what we would all have ;):

a sky chair http://www.skychairs.com/

or a rope hammock chair http://www.myhammockstore.com/hammockswingchairs

(not necessarily these particular companies, but this kind of thing--for a child's room, be sure to get the swivel mount since they *are* going to spin around in it)

My 8 yo doesn't really use her bean bag. Her favorite place to read is the glider on the screen porch when the weather is cooperative.

Edited by KarenNC