Menu

Apparently I have to have 50 posts in order to sell something on the S&S board

and I think that's frustrating. I reckon y'all will be seeing inane little comments from me in the near future so I can make my quota.

Rachel

Hey there, Rachel! smiley-greet022.gif

Post away! (Inanity is just about all you'll ever see from me. smiley-whacky059.gif)

History is a combo of The Mystery of History and SOTW I (again). I was going to use MOH as the spine, but I've gravitated back to SOTW. I'd really like to find something for next year that is just an all in one type thing and tells me what to do on what day.

History is a combo of The Mystery of History and SOTW I (again). I was going to use MOH as the spine, but I've gravitated back to SOTW. I'd really like to find something for next year that is just an all in one type thing and tells me what to do on what day.

Why did you move away from MOH? I'm planning on doing a MOH/SOTW1 combo with my boys next year (MOH for my olders, SOTW for my youngers).

I love our art teacher. She's a fantastic person. As far as CW goes, Aesop was SO easy and non-teacher intensive, if you know what I mean. Homer is quite the opposite, and as I have a very poor grammar background it can be a bit confusing for me. I've just started to struggle with grammatical cases, which is why we dropped Latina Christiana last year. I didn't get it. I'm going to have to now, though.

Mmm... There were things in SOTW that I liked better, and MOH sometimes didn't have the same things. Plus, MOH has a lot of Bible history, which I wasn't looking for, particularly. I kind of wish now that I'd put more effort in combining the MOH and SOTW so we could've had the Bible history with world history.

I have the MOH Volume I book (barely used), Enrichment Craft Pak CD Rom and the Volume I Printables and Reproducibles CD Rom if you're interested.

Rachel

Thanks for the offer, but I've already got my copy :001_smile:. I am looking forward to see what you're going to list, though, since my oldest is going into 5th. Only a few more posts!

I read WTM the year it came out when my ds was barely 3. I found the boards before 2000, and spent TONS of time on them when I was a new homeschooler. In fact I spent so much time on them, I wasn't spending the time actually DOING all the great things I wanted to be doing with my kiddos, so I backed off some. Over the years I've gone through long stretches of not using the boards, then coming back to them when we're going through a transition or something's not working or I'm considering a new curriculum. While I do see the advantages of the new format, I thought the old boards were easier to skim through. Anyway, I'm slowly working my way up to that magical 50th post too as I'm ready to move out bunches of stuff we're done with. Best wishes in your journey to 50 and thanks for the opportunity to rachet my count up a notch. (I'm in the upper 30's now!)

These boards were really invaluable to me in the beginning. There was so much to learn, and I had so many questions about homeschooling and curricula. Now I'm more settled in and know where I'm going with homeschooling, and I don't require as much help. Plus, like you, I got a little too attached to what other posters were doing and has someone replied to my post yet type things, so I pulled back and took a break. Haven't really missed it too much, but wonder sometimes how the "old-timers" are doing.

Amy, I think you have to do what I'm doing and just waste time and bandwidth posting so you can meet the requirements.

Rachel

The rule isn't a waste of time and bandwidth, and it's really very reassuring as a buyer to know that the person you're buying from is truly a "regular" here. (Just another perspective, and my little contribution to your continuing quest for 50 posts, lol!)