Menu

Favorite cursive copybook?

KIN

I need a cursive copybook for my ds son for 2nd grade. What is your favorite? Thanks!

I don't have a favorite, yet. I just wanted to tell you that I love your posts.... because you always asks things that I want to ask. :D

I am going to purchase Startwrite so that I can use the HWT cursive (I don't have it yet, so I can't tell you if I like it or not).

http://stores.lulu.com/julieshields

I happened to see this when looking at other stuff, don't actually use it. It is classical, scriptural, history oriented. If you are just looking for handwriting practice, we use this from Evan-Moor. The kids copy informational sentences and poems and stuff. Both have several different handwriting styles available.

Hello. We are using this one, and my son enjoys it. He is currently in second grade and is just about done with the first book. I have the second one for him to start and am going to buy the 3rd and 4th ones for him for next year.

http://www.veritaspress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=000022&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=4

I forgot to add, I don't know if you want a secular book. This obviously is not. Hope it works for you.

I initially began using HWT cursive book but decided to purchase the Startwrite program to use for both my dd8 and dd5. This program, hands down, has gotten my dd8 to write beautifully in cursive. Her penmanship is much better in cursive than it ever was in print!!

The Startwrite program is customizable and is really versatile. When I first satrted my dd with the cursive, I used the gray letters to have her trace over with her pencil and then gradually moved onto cursive copywork and now she does it all freestyle and this program helped her achieve the desired goal, to write in cursive.