Menu

Does anyone subscribe to Evan-Moor's Teacher File Box?

JudoMom

I subscribed to it until recently...I liked it a lot, but I really couldn't justify the cost for how much I was using it (it's really intended more for classroom teachers). If I'd actually planned out a curriculum incorporating it, it might have been worth it...but just using it as a supplement I finally had to pull the plug. Even though everything was so pretty.

Is there still a free trial offer available? I signed up when there was and it was ok.....but as with most of EMC and other companies like them, I found after a week or so of doing these daily they all seemed to be the same, only the topic changed. Of course, our family isn't exactly a big worksheet fan in the first place, so that could have a lot to do with it.

If the free trial offer isn't listed on their website....it never hurts to email them and ask if there is a trial offer, worst they can say is no.

But, be prepared to use a lot of paper and ink. And, as someone else said, unless you're really into worksheets, you'd probably be better off just buying the few books that you'd want to use.....because at least then you'd have the book to resell when you're done with it.

I wish I hadn't. I would have been better off just buying the books I wanted. And it was a huge pain to unsubscribe.

The free (or $1?) trial requires you to give a credit card. You have to call them to cancel the account. So be careful -- you could be paying for months.

I actually find a lot of things I use on the website. I think the cost has went up since I first subscribed and mine has stayed the same ($10.71 a month). There is a lot more than just worksheets. They have tons of their literature/history pockets, science activities, Take it to your Seat projects, Pocket Books, and much, much more. It does have a lot of worksheets, but it is more than that. I use it to suppliment what we are doing. There were many great things for President's Day on there, including craft projects, booklets, and of course worksheets:)

So, for me it is worth it. The books would cost a LOT more than my subscription. I could only afford 10 or so books a year with what I am paying.

carly

I do subscribe - yearly which is a chunk of change at once but cheaper in the long run, if you think you will use it. I get many science worksheets there - additional stuff on the subject we are studying just to reinforce. It has a nice search engine that narrows down what you are looking for by grade and subject. I like being able to just print stuff out and not have to scan or copy.

I do subscribe, and can find what I want most of the time. I teach a couple of on going co-ops so for me it is worth it. Scholastic has one and so does Teacher Created Resources called Classroom Zoom. Both of these are cheaper than Teacherfile Box, but I can't find as much for the age group that I am currently teaching.

• 5 months later...

You may want to check out edworksheets.com. I have found the materials to be very good, and the price is about a third of teacherfilebox. I started out using the free section, then I went ahead and became a member. It's been great.