Menu

WWYD? MIL surgery and preplanned events

We found out this weekend that MIL is having surgery on Feb 5, Thursday. DH will go up to be with his dad - FIL will drink too much otherwise. I'm fine with this.

Sally Clarkson is coming to town the same weekend - Friday and Saturday. I had first thought that I'll just leave the kids on Friday evening (my oldest can babysit) and then find a friend to watch them Saturday, if dh isn't back. Great. BUT then I looked at the calendar again - two of the kids have their last basketball game of the season that day. That's when I run into issues. Now neither of these kids are basketball stars, but I hate for them to miss a game. Friends may be willing to take them to their games - I would say "it would be great if..., but it's not necessary.

So WWYD? I've paid for the conference ($40). I really don't want to ask dh to come home if his mom isn't home yet.

I think your DH being there for his parents is the number one priority (after the safety of your kids). So if you aren't willing to miss the conference, I would let friends take them to the games if they are willing. Or I guess your kids could miss the games if they had to, but I'd hate to have that happen. Sally Clarkson is just awesome and I would hate to miss that, but I wouldn't ask my DH to come home just to let me attend. Maybe treat yourself to one of her books if you can't go!

I think your DH being there for his parents is the number one priority (after the safety of your kids). So if you aren't willing to miss the conference, I would let friends take them to the games if they are willing. Or I guess your kids could miss the games if they had to, but I'd hate to have that happen. Sally Clarkson is just awesome and I would hate to miss that, but I wouldn't ask my DH to come home just to let me attend. Maybe treat yourself to one of her books if you can't go!

Dana...you probably didn't mean this to be funny, but I'm cracking up! It's almost like a scene from The Princess Bride.:001_smile:

I would go to part of the conference but come home and take the dc to the basketball game.

Then lord it over them for the next 20 years.:lol:

I went to her conference this weekend in Dallas. If there is anyway for you to make it, go! It will be worth it.

There was a videographer at the conference this weekend and they mentioned making a "webinar". So if you can't attend the conference maybe you can catch it online.

I have all boys, so any movie with the words "Princess" or "Bride" are strictly forbidden!

Your ds are missing the best 'boy' movie in the world!

My ds is almost 25yo and he had a bunch of his friends over just last night to watch it. All of them had seen it and loved it (most have it memorized, like ds), but one gal is from China and she hadn't seen it....so all these guys invited her over so that....yeah right.....'she' could see this movie.

My girls love this movie as well, but, it is meant for boys!