Menu

What country would you take your family to if you left the U.S.?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we left the US due primarily to the Bush administration and found we loved Mexico. So, I guess for us, the question has already been answered. :)

I'd love to visit/live in Indian, Greece, Turkey, Argentina, Portugual, Spain and Italy. I spent 3 years traveling around (hitchiking) South America in the late 80's and I'd love to see it again.

These guys are giving me a nice trip down memory lane. Bumfuzzle.

We would go to Costa Rica. We scoped it out in January and have actually checked into some property there.

Check it out very carefully. I know of two families leaving their Tico life behind to come to Mexico due solely to the drug presence and violence there.

It's interesting to me that people have replied and said, "There's nowhere else I'd want to live". Not b/c I'm surprised they're happy here; nothing like that. Just that this thread was intended, as I understood it, to be posing a hypothetical question. Ria got that straight off the bat. If, for some reason, you absolutely couldn't live here any more, where would you go? Answering that question isn't displaying a lack of patriotism. It isn't saying you don't appreciate the United States. It isn't committing anyone to anything. It's just...a question.:)

Well Australia would be my first choice but I heard you can't own guns there? Is that right? How do you shoot the snakes then?

Maybe Scotland then.

Well Australia would be my first choice but I heard you can't own guns there? Is that right? How do you shoot the snakes then?

Maybe Scotland then.

You can't own guns in Scotland either. And they are hoping to enact stricter regulations there. :D

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Calman-sets-sights-on-gun.4981990.jp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

Maybe Scotland then.

You heard wrong then :001_smile:

Australians can own guns...you need a license to buy a weapon, it has to be registered and needs to be locked up when not in use ( probably the same laws as most countries I guess)