Menu

Latin SAT II subject test

I've had two kids take the SAT II test in Latin. Even after several years of Latin study, this test was not terribly easy. It covers all of Latin grammar and also tests reading ability with several passages. The best (well, only) review book we found was the REA guide. That's your best bet for seeing what the test covers.

Kathy

I've had two kids take the SAT II test in Latin. Even after several years of Latin study, this test was not terribly easy. It covers all of Latin grammar and also tests reading ability with several passages. The best (well, only) review book we found was the REA guide. That's your best bet for seeing what the test covers.

Kathy

Thanks for the assessment, Kathy. We bought the REA guide and found a sample test to be challenging. I had wondered if something had happened to my son's sixteen year old brain or if the test was really that hard!

Jane

My teen also took the SAT 2 Latin test after taking AP Latin (in her case AP Latin Literature). She did quite well (740, I believe).

She spent some time with the REA SAT Subject Test in Latin book. She also used a book that her Latin instructor recommended:

Excelability in Advanced Latin by Marianthe Colakis.

Good luck to the test takers!

Regards,

Kareni