Menu

My dd checked Twilight out of the middle school library.

I know some of you have kids in PS so I thought I'd give you the heads up that school libraries are carrying this series. If you are opposed to your dd reading this and she goes to PS you may what to check this out. I had no plans to read it but now that my dd is reading it, I feel like I am going to have to just to see what she is reading.

It was part of the assigned reading at our middle school this year :glare:

Assigned? Really? Blech.

My DD just turned 11 and luckily has not shown much interest in them. I read them and thought they were okay. The biggest thing that bothered me for younger readers is the whole "I've got to have this guy or I can't go on living". That is not the message I want for my daughter.

I enjoyed them but there's no way I'd want my middle schooler reading them. I agree with the whole dependent love thing being incredibly unhealthy. I enjoyed them for what they were and had a great time reading them. However, worthy of my kids reading them? No way. The depiction of relationships was just too unhealthy for my black and white thinkers.

I would absolutely NOT let my daughter who is from 12-17 read this book! Absolutely not. Ever. I read it, I loved it. But there are things in there that disturb me...and I am not a prude. I am not terribly anxious about pre-marital sex, etc as it appears in a book. It is just the "you are my life" "there is no Heaven with you in it" "I will give my life for you."

It was part of the assigned reading at our middle school this year :glare:

Really? I don't have huge issues with the content, but there are about a million other books that I would "assign" before Twilight. And why would you assign a series that most girls are reading anyway? (I could keep going, but I know I'm preaching to the choir, so I will cut my rant short...)

I don't know. I guess they are just trying to get the kids to read? I don't know all the details either, I just know that my SIL said my niece had to read it for school. And having just pulled my dd from the same school this past October, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Really? I don't have huge issues with the content, but there are about a million other books that I would "assign" before Twilight. And why would you assign a series that most girls are reading anyway? (I could keep going, but I know I'm preaching to the choir, so I will cut my rant short...)