Menu

Wednesdays are Hard and Nutrisystem isn't all that great.

Wednesday is payday.

I'm being good and saving most of my paycheck for paying off debt but there always seems to be lurking wants and desires everywhere I turn. Wednesday I'm relieved to have received my pay but the opposite end is the stress of what to DO with it. This week I'm resolving to do nothing with it even though I'd love to ________________ ____________ __________. It goes on and on, doesn't it?

Nutrisystem.

My mom just gave me all her Nutrisystem, which is over 3 weeks worth. I've had 3 different things and yuck, yuck, yuck. At least the chocolate is okay. I ate three pieces of beef last night for dinner (at work) before chucking the entire entree in the trash, had a yogurt and didn't have anything else until I got home and had a banana.

Maybe Nurtrisystem will work if I keep trying it and chucking it? Lol. :lol: I'll keep trying stuff but goodness...do others just force themselves to eat this? The Pasta with Parmesan Sauce had fish oil added to it, I read the ingredients...and it tasted it. Instead of having pasta with parmesan sauce, I felt like I was eating fish sauce, no hint of parmesan anywhere. :tongue_smilie:

I bought some Nutrisystem food off of ebay a few months ago, and I can say it's puke-inducing. I had done Jenny Craig and was fine with it, but this food is all dehydrated or shelf-stable, and pretty gross. IIwy, I'd just stay with what seems to be working for you--after all, you'd eventually have to do just that to maintain any loss, so you might as well skip the fake food (not fake, but y'know).

The portion size is educating though. I've been using smaller plates already, the same size of the kids'- not sure what the diameter is. I hate to throw away so much food, plus I've been trying to keep my entrees around 100-150 calories each and each entree is 250-270 calories. I hate to say it but I think I was doing better on my own, I do appreciate the chocolates though b/c I resigned to just having a York peppermint pattie as a treat with its dark chocolate and low calorie count.

I only took my mom's Nutrisystem b/c I thought I'd eat them and not have to pay for my dinners at work. Sigh. Maybe some of it will be salvageable. Ebay, eh? I'll check that out, maybe sell them to those willing to eat it.

that are available at the grocery store. I buy the 1 pt. treats. The little snack cakes are VERY good and I can't tell that they are lower calorie. They are smaller than the average twinkie. Their frozen dinners are also usually pretty good. I've had a couple of misses. And I usually think they need salt. But, they've helped me get used to a realistic portion.

I hate to say it but I think I was doing better on my own, I do appreciate the chocolates though b/c I resigned to just having a York peppermint pattie as a treat with its dark chocolate and low calorie count.

Wednesday is payday.

I'm being good and saving most of my paycheck for paying off debt but there always seems to be lurking wants and desires everywhere I turn. Wednesday I'm relieved to have received my pay but the opposite end is the stress of what to DO with it. This week I'm resolving to do nothing with it even though I'd love to ________________ ____________ __________. It goes on and on, doesn't it?

Oh, it's so hard at first.

So. Very. Hard.

It does get easier.

I kind of think of it like pregnancy. I didn't sign on for the 10 weeks of constant naseau and horrid vomiting. I wouldn't do that voluntarily for nothing. (Ok, maybe for a million bucks.) But it's part of the whole baby-getting process. So while I'm puking my guts out, I'm looking longingly at the calendar for that magic 14th week when it all goes away.

Learning to live within your means and pay off debt is like that. Horrid and awful for the first trimester. No one gets into paying off debt because they look forward to the short-term deprivation. Focus on the goal.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Getting out of debt is so difficult and painful. But, that difficulty and pain is an excellent deterrent to ever getting back in debt again! (It's also, imo, why people who are magically saved from their debt so easily fall back into debt-filled living again.)

Yeah, the food looks gross in the commercials. Thankfully, there ARE lots of great, healthy frozen entrees that taste like real food! Amy's Organic and Kashi entrees are fantastic. They have real ingredients and taste great. I am hooked on Amy's southwestern entrees. Yum!

I've tried the South Beach mini-pizzas, and those aren't bad.

Probably 20 years ago, a friend at work was on Nutrisystem, and what he had even then was extremely YUK both in the way it looked and smelled. I've had a bias against it ever since then, and haven't heard anything since to make me revise that opinion....:D

And it is tough dealing with getting paid and still having bills. I get paid only three times a semester, but it's still hard to apply the whole thing towards things I don't see. Sometimes I do take out $20 to spend on what I want, but not every time.