Menu

Remember me? The one whose dh is addicted to Wow??

Now I'm not here to complain about it all over again, don't worry. Although it's a little tempting. :) I'm just looking for ideas. Dh had planned on quitting the game, ordered cable to help distract him while he "detoxes" and then decided he does still want to continue to play. So...it continues...

What I need are some ideas of things to do to fill up my own time. I feel so lonely. It's hurtful that he loves his game time more than anything, even me. Any ideas on what I could do to fill the void?

Ummm..... find an annoying hobby.... a really expensive one!

Then when your hubby asks you to give it up you can ask him to give up WoW first. LOL

Ok, never mind thats mean.

My hobby now is reading these forums, and learning about living green. I am also just getting into hatching my own chickens lol. Pretty much anything that will entertain my mind for awhile is worth a shot.

My DH is addicted to Guild Wars, which is similar to WoW. He's tried several times to limit his gaming time, but he can't seem to resist. I read a lot, and occasionally I distract myself with Myst or online forums, Facebook, and blogs (online time is my own compulsion, truth be told). On the weekends, I do everything I can to get us out of the house and doing something away from the computers.

Working out at the gym? I've started heading out to evening classes at the YMCA and it is SO FUN! When my husband turns toward fuddy-duddy mode, I try to keep busy and look like I'm having fun. When I get mopey, he turns away from me. When I get active, he tends to follow me. Sometimes. Sometimes, in all honesty, I just wallow in my misery :D

Ummm..... find an annoying hobby.... a really expensive one!

Then when your hubby asks you to give it up you can ask him to give up WoW first. LOL

Ok, never mind thats mean.

:lol: I read this and thought perhaps you should take up violin? There's nothing quite like beginner violin practice. Just play while he plays :)

:lol: I read this and thought perhaps you should take up violin? There's nothing quite like beginner violin practice. Just play while he plays :)

Or beginning recorder. Now there's a sound from my nightmares!!!! :banghead:

I echo someone else's remark: find something to make yourself happy. :grouphug: to you!

How about counseling for you? I think that would be helpful for anyone dealing with a family member, especially a spouse, that has an addiction. You would do it just for your own sanity, but it would hopefully also communicate the seriousness of the situation to your husband.

The downside is the expense, I think over $50 and even $75 for each session.

I remember you telling us that you are a follower of Christ.

I know that God is very aware of this situation and He is near you and can comfort you during this time. It is of no surprise to Him that your husband has decided to keep playing WOW.

I would suggest memorizing scriptures centered on Christ. That has been a great help to me when I've experienced disappointing situations. I am very thankful to God for those times. I learned a lot of scriptures that will be with me & hidden away in my heart for the rest of my life.

Another idea is to read an entire book of the bible in one sitting. That can be very encouraging.

This difficult time can turn out to be a blessing for your entire family.

Now I'm not here to complain about it all over again, don't worry. Although it's a little tempting. :) I'm just looking for ideas. Dh had planned on quitting the game, ordered cable to help distract him while he "detoxes" and then decided he does still want to continue to play. So...it continues...

What I need are some ideas of things to do to fill up my own time. I feel so lonely. It's hurtful that he loves his game time more than anything, even me. Any ideas on what I could do to fill the void?

My dh was a gamer. Thank God we were too poor to keep up with it! But, when I wasn't fighting with him about it, I'd watch what I wanted on TV, crochet, knit, etc.

I like the hobby wars idea you recieved. Dh uses a tobaco product (a really yucky one) so for what he spends on that a month I spend on stuff for me. When the budget gets tight I make sure to point out what I'm doing (again) and remind him that if he quits I will too. I usually end up getting something to show for my money!