Menu

I need some help on what brands to buy for kitchen items

Okay, this years income tax is our fun money. I get to buy some new things for my kitchen. I want the best quality I can get, that will last for years to come.

Here is what I am on the hunt for :

A countertop mixer

food processor

baking pans set

cooking pans set (I am not a fan of Tfal)

Thank you for your help

Food processor - Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus. I use it every week to grate cheese and chop veggies. I also grate carrots and zuchinni and sneak the grated veggies into the kids food - pancakes, muffins, spaghetti sauce, chilli. It is also great for recipes where you need to cut in butter - scones, pie crust. So easy!

Mixer - I have a inexpensive Kitchen Aid hand mixer. It is three speeds and was probably $20. I have had it for over 10 years and I use it on a weekly basis for baking.

My favorite baking pans are those that came from Williams and Sonoma as gifts.

Have fun spending you tax return.

For fabulous baking pans that will last you a life time, I highly recommend Doughmakers. They are professional quality and are made right here in the US. I found mine at Fantes (which lists country of origin on many of their products, unlike most places). The Doughmaker's website is found at http://www.doughmakers.com/newmain.htm

I hate anything nonstick. This isn't technically nonstick, but I've had no trouble with sticking on my cookie sheet by following normal baking stuff (I wipe a very thin film of oil on, as sprays tend to leave a sticky residue and I don't care for using things with propellants.)

Okay, this years income tax is our fun money. I get to buy some new things for my kitchen. I want the best quality I can get, that will last for years to come.

Here is what I am on the hunt for :

A countertop mixer A KitchenAide or a Bosch

food processor Cuisinart

baking pans set If I had the money I'd get stone ware similar to the Pampered Chef stuff

cooking pans set (I am not a fan of Tfal) Cast Iron skillets will last forever and are great to cook in. For pots and saucepans, a good quality stainless with copper on the inside.

Thank you for your help

Hope that helps.

Counter top mixer: Mine is a Bosch Universal. It is the first and only one I have ever owned.

Food Processor: Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus

Baking pans: Norpro bread pans are my favorite. The jury is still out on everything else.

Cooking pans: My fry pans and dutch oven are cast iron. My pots are Revereware and are now nearing 20 years old. Only recently have I had issues with the handles on the lids falling off.

Jennie