Menu

Super Bowl Party Ideas?

We have our youth group kids and about 5 adults over every year for a SB party. About 40 people descend on us like locusts--it's so much fun! We get a projector and show the game on our living room wall--I heartily recommend that, if you can find one to either rent or borrow. The 15 foot screen in HD is pretty cool!

Everyone brings a bag of chips or something. I serve a couple of veggie trays, and we order pizza. We have the big screen, our regular TV (for those who want a quieter room), and we open up the basement (where we homeschool--has a pool table and is "walk out") for kids who don't really want to watch, but want to come. Here, they usually play pool or board games, or hang out and talk. We also had Valentine crafts out a couple of years--just paper and stamps with ink, and markers and ribbons and such. We do place a borrowed TV down there, too, so that the adult who supervises that area can still catch the game (we take turns going "below").

Plenty of seating helps, and we decorate very inexpensively--just use the colors of the teams, and some generic football player stuff from the party store (no more than 10 bucks, if that). I buy a large green plastic table cloth, and some plastic "football" dishes for chips. You can put the table cloth on the table and use white tape to make Yard Lines--cute and not much fuss. I also always put up two sign up sheets near the door, with the

teams and their mascots on the top--people sign who they think will win. You can use poster board but I just use copy paper and tape a pencil on a string to the wall.

We make it a rule to be quiet during the commercials in the big room--they are the best part!

Oh, and we ordered a giant sub sandwhich instead of pizza one year--it was a big hit. Order your pizza or sandwhich the day before.

I love the Super Bowl Party! I don't have to clean up much, because the kids don't care--and they are well-behaved for the most part. One thing you might want to consider is cutting off drinks by the end of the 3rd quarter, if anyone has to drive home. I don't serve those kinds of refreshments at my house anymore, but it makes me nervous to have people drink and drive.

Have a Ball!

:eek: We just decided to have a Super Bowl party on Sunday and I'm looking for your best ideas....Help! It will be people that work for/with DH and their families. Besides a complete home overhaul, what are your thoughts?

TIA

Melissa in St Louis

Decorate with lots of Cardinal Red, white and black.

Regularly cheer, "Go Cardinals!" and "Yay, Kurt Warner!" cheerleader.gif

:D

Decorate with lots of Cardinal Red, white and black.

Regularly cheer, "Go Cardinals!" and "Yay, Kurt Warner!" cheerleader.gif

:D

You are absolutely right, Crissy! I'm sure Melissa remembers that the Cardinals came from St. Louis and that Kurt used to be one of our very own Rams! She couldn't cheer for anyone else!

And Melissa, whatever you do, be sure to make a football cake!

Chelle

Ditto the projector if you can get it or don't have a humongous TV... and probably want to make sure to have a second TV where the food is, because that way there's not a huge rush for food during halftime (nobody wants to miss the ads, either!). Encourage people to dress for 'their' team. Set up a Super Bowl squares pool and have people fill in squares during pregame so you have quarterly winners.

I'm not much of a decor person for parties (holidays are another story), but you could easily get some balloons and streamers and dollar store gear and fix up the place pretty quickly. A football cake would be fun, food-wise, and definitely make sure to order any pizzas/subs/wings the day before. I once saw a situation where pizza places weren't even taking any more orders the day of the game. Set a cooler with drinks in the TV area since those are going to be more popular than the food.

As for the kids... I'm no help there. All my Super Bowl parties have been sans children. Sounds like fun. I'm very jealous. I haven't been to a good Super Bowl party in a couple of years, since the previous host passed away. Have a blast!!!

I do love Kurt Warner. :) Not in a lusting way, in a "he's a great guy and did lots for St Louis and has a cool story" way. :) Cake.....that is a thought! HA!

Melissa in St Louis

I understand completely! You love him like I love my kids' pediatrician and our family chiropractor!

Have fun Sunday!

Chelle