Menu

North Carolina

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies, there is a chance we could be moving to NC.  Neither my husband nor I have been to NC but are looking at different cities to live.  If you were us, where would you choose to live?  We love the mountains but also a little city life and decent resources (cafes, shopping, etc.).  We are also looking for great homeschool support.  The icing on the cake would be if there was a co-op I could be involved in.  We have one child (girl) who would be entering the first grade in the fall.  Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies, there is a chance we could be moving to NC.  Neither my husband nor I have been to NC but are looking at different cities to live.  If you were us, where would you choose to live?  We love the mountains but also a little city life and decent resources (cafes, shopping, etc.).  We are also looking for great homeschool support.  The icing on the cake would be if there was a co-op I could be involved in.  We have one child (girl) who would be entering the first grade in the fall.  Thanks for your help!

Well I'm partial to the Triangle, Raleigh to be exact because I have a daughter also starting first grade in the fall :) I grew up in Raleigh suburbs, and I've lived in the Charlotte area and the east side of the state in Greenville, but I really like the capital area best. If you like the mountains, Asheville is a great city. I like being in the middle as the beach or the mountains is a day's drive. 

• 3 weeks later...

(x post) I also posted this on the high school board.

I would like to know more about hschooling high school in the Triad area. We are currently overseas, but the Triad is our stateside home. It is quite possible that we will move back there during DS's high school years. We know and love the Triad, but we did not homeschool when we were there before. DS might not want to homeschool high school- we don't know yet.

Anyway, I would like to know more about the extracurriculars, social opportunities and local course possibilities for high school from a homeschool POV. What kind of cool stuff have your kids participated in?

Please feel free to PM me :)

• 2 weeks later...

My dh's never-ending job search has us looking near Washington, NC.  We actually lived in Greenville, NC years ago, but never ventured to Washington much.  Anyone out that way?  If so, I'd appreciate opinions-you can PM me. :)  I can't wait to be by the beach again, but I'm not excited for fire ants. 

• 2 months later...