Menu

So I borrowed a meat thermometer from a neighbor...

she lent me her pampered chef thing. I used it. The glass melted. :glare: It wasn't even touching anything.

So I go to buy a new one online. $10.50!!!! The stupid thing is made in China! And they want $11.50 in shipping. :glare::glare::glare::glare: Urgh!

I'm not a pampered chef person. I avoid the parties like the plague- and believe me that is no easy task in military housing. Now, after all my hard work dodging invites to these parties I have to shell over $22 for a made-in-China meat thermometer.

Grrrrr. Double Grrrr.

Sorry to all you Pampered Chef people. But I'm irked. Nothing personal.

Jo

This shouldn't happen. Contact Pampered Chef and tell them what happened. They *should* replace it for free. If it were my company, I'd send you a few quality items to highlight the products.

I don't work for, sell, or host Pampered Chef parties. However, I own a lot of their products and swear by the quality (incl. the meat thermometer). I'd strongly suggest contacting the company with the expectation that they replace it.

while it was in the oven? I think the thermometers are meant to be used to test the meat and then removed before you return it to the oven. The "glass" was likely plastic.

I don't know if that's what happened, but if it is, that would explain it. The thermometer is instant - it comes up to temperature in less than a minute.

while it was in the oven? I think the thermometers are meant to be used to test the meat and then removed before you return it to the oven. The "glass" was likely plastic.

Alexandra

Yep. This is what happened. It was left in the meat while cooking. My mom did the cooking and she was assuming it was like the old style meat thermometers. Obviously it wasn't real glass- once again my irk factor at the quality of a $10.50 meat thermometer.:glare:

I'm going to call them today.

Jo